Shall we make this a sticky until after Easter?? Does anyone have their menu all lined up yet?

I do have my ham, but that's all so far.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Easter Dinner Menu????? cjs Shall we make this a...
We're having ham, Savannah red rice, asparagus with Dijon/parm, deviled eggs, those fantastic custard rolls that Laura made, and Limoncello and lemon cream fruit tart.

Re: Easter Dinner Menu????? We're having ham, Sa...
"Limoncello and lemon cream fruit tart. " - oh, that sounds good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Easter Dinner Menu????? cjs "Limoncello and lemo...
Jean, I made something similar last year and I can't find the original recipe of what I made. I don't know if it was on a little card that came with the limoncello or what. I can't find exactly what I made but this one has everything just about. There was a photo of it with the original recipe - it was in one of those footed glass bowls. Anyway, I think it is Rachel Ray's that I finally picked out.

6 servings

1 store-bought sponge cake tart shell, 12-inch diameter
2 ounces chilled limoncello liqueur
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup mascarpone cheese
⅓ cup lemon curd
½ pint raspberries
½ pint blackberries
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons very thinly sliced mint leaves

Remove the tart cake from the packaging, put it on a cake plate and douse with the liqueur. In a small bowl whisk or beat the cream, mascarpone cheese and lemon curd to combine. Fill the tart with the cheese mixture and top with the berries, lemon zest and mint

I am going to add strawberries and kiwi as well to the fruit and I am going to use a lemon pudding cake instead of a sponge tart shell

Re: Easter Dinner Menu????? Jean, I made somethi...
Oh my, this may have to be our dessert!!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Easter Dinner Menu????? cjs Oh my, this may have...
Oh, my...that does sound good!

I know we'll have ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, green beans/aspargus, and custard rich rolls. Now how I'll prepare these things, I'm not sure. Probably pretty close to tradition, though. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.

What I'm most anxious to do is the night before. Some, if not all, of the kids are going to be home that night before, so I'm HOPING to do a CLAM BAKE on the deck!!!!! I'm going to start my limoncello Wednesday, so it will be ready by Saturday! P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!

Now that those nasty storms are out of here, the weather is supposed to get better and better through the end of NEXT week. I'm talking clear skies and temps in the 80's! Can't wait!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Easter Dinner Menu????? Gourmet_Mom Oh, my...that does s...
Oh, Daphne, how envious I am - I'd love to have the kids up here for a clam bake - haven't done one since we left California. How fun.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Easter Dinner Menu????? cjs Oh, Daphne, how envi...
What time is the clam bake, Daphne? Good Lord, the weather has been crazy!!

Re: Easter Dinner Menu????? What time is the cla...
My MIL is hosting. I know there will be ham, but that is all I am sure of. The activities include a Peep Launching contest. Some of the grand kids are building a catapult. I am making pies. I know one will be blackberry (frozen berries from last summer) and I am not sure if I am making two or three pies. Maybe one apple and/or lemon or lemon chess.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Easter Dinner Menu????? esgunn My MIL is hosting. ...
You know, my mother's favorite flavor cake and pie is lemon...just like her daddy. I may have to surprise her with a lemon curd tart. As much as I like meringue on a chocolate pie, I don't care for it on a lemon pie. So I'm thinking a lemon curd tart would be a great compromise.

BTW, what's the difference between lemon curd and lemon pie filling? Anything? I should probably get Mom's lemon pie filling and post it for comparison. And Jean, if you've got a lemon curd or pie filling recipe, it's not in the book. Not that I can find, anyway.

BTW, Sonja, if you want cocktails, be here around 5. That way you can be on hand to help put the pot together. (That and arranging the platter is half the fun.)

I just got the OKAY from William. If the kids don't show up, we're adding lobster tails or crab claws to the pot!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Easter Dinner Menu?????