The kids all want these for Easter. Since they are easy enough to make, I could just do them Easter morning, but I was wondering if they could be made on Saturday and put into the frig for a slow rise. That's how I always did my potato rolls for holidays. What do all of you think?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Sharon's Custard Roll Recipe--question Mare749 The kids all want th...
I don't see why not, Maryann. I do a cold rise all the time, on many different types of rolls. I always think they have a better developed flavor this way.

Good luck!

PJ
PJ

Re: Sharon's Custard Roll Recipe--question pjcooks I don't see why not,...
HI PJ!!!!! Good to see you! Thanks for the question, Maryann. I was hoping to do the same thing. And thanks for the answer, PJ!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Sharon's Custard Roll Recipe--question Mare749 The kids all want th...
You have room in the fridge????? WOW!!! Must not be a freaking side by side! Yes you can do a cool rise in the fridge - no problem.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Sharon's Custard Roll Recipe--question Harborwitch You have room in the...
Thanks for the confirmation, Sharon. I'm assuming you bring it to room temp before baking? It's funny, I'm more excited about the leftover "sandwiches" than the actual dinner...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Sharon's Custard Roll Recipe--question Gourmet_Mom Thanks for the confi...
I'm not too sure about that - these things rise so easily. I guess a watch and see is in order.

Re: Sharon's Custard Roll Recipe--question Harborwitch I'm not too sure abo...
Hi PJ! Good to see you and thank you for the answer. And Sharon, thank you for the confirmation on that. The kids love these so much that they literally "roll their eyes" and say mmm...while they are eating.

Sharon, I do actually have a side by side in the kitchen, but a few years ago, Ron decided we needed another frig in the basement. Got one of those Sears "scratch and dent" and it's been great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Sharon's Custard Roll Recipe--question Mare749 Hi PJ! Good to see ...
After the move out here our side by side is a scratch & dent. It will go in the "mud room" when we get that built. We've got our eyes on a black french door model.

It's raining today, and going to rain tomorrow so it's looking like indoor projects. Maybe some work toward dishwasher installation.
Sharon's Custard Roll Recipe--question