9+ from both of us for this one!!! It is just such a nice, easy, well-flavored recipe. I prepped everything in the afternoon (including allowing the beef for marinate for a few hours rather than the 5 minutes called for) Dinner probably took 5 minutes to do when we were ready.

All the flavors were just perfect for us. This recipe is in the new Cuisine Lite book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review cjs 9+ from both of us f...
Thanks for the review, Jean. I never did find this one in the stores...August Publishing had already replaced it with Volume 2 Cooking for Two when I went to Sam's last month. I'll check again when I go tomorrow or the first of teh week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review Gourmet_Mom Thanks for the revie...
This one is too good to wait for -

Mu Shu Beef Wrap with Miso Slaw
Cuisine Lite Book
2 servings

For the Beef:
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 T minced fresh gingerroot
1 T. minced garic
1 T. each: mirin, honey, and chili garlic sauce
6 oz. beef top sirloin, trimmed and cut into 8 thin strips
2 8" whole-wheat tortillas

For the Slaw:
2 T. water
1 T. each: white miso, rice vinegar, and honey
1 1/2 cups cole slaw mix
1/4 cup chopped scallions

Combine hoisin, ginger, garlic, mirin, 1 T. honey, and chili garlic sauce in a bowl. Add beef, tossing to coat; marinate for 5 minutes.(I marinated this for about 3 hours)

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sear beef strips until they're browned on one side, 3 minutes turn strips over; grill until beef is caramelized, 2-3 minutes more (we had picked up a 1/2 lb. pkg. of thin scallopini type beef steak that I cut in srtips and just tossed in a hot, hot skillet for a couple minutes).

Warm tortillas in the microwave oven until soft about 10 seconds. Place four beef strips on each tortilla.

For the slaw:
Whisk water, miso, vinegar, and 1 T. honey in a bowl. Toss with cole slaw mix and scallions (season with salt & pepper). Using a slotted spoon, place slaw on top of beef; roll tortillas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review cjs This one is too good...
Thanks, Jean! Oh, my....hoisin sauce and ginger? Going on the list for next week! I wanna test it over the break so I'll be more likely to make it on a weeknight. Thanks again!

BTW, I'm planning on going to the city Monday or Tuesday and hope to get a pretty piece of Salmon for gravalox. I'll let you know! That, a choc. torte, lemon torte, Limoncello (forgot to get it started), saurbraten (for the rainy days at the end of break), blintzes/crepes are on my list!!!!!

I also need to put together a MC Cookbook of "A List Quick and Easy" recipes. You know how crazy I get in this last month and a half of school ....
Daphne

Re: Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review Gourmet_Mom Thanks, Jean! Oh, m...
Daphne, if you and William like these wraps, you can hardly get a quicker dinner.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review cjs Daphne, if you and W...
The ingredients sound right...but it seems to be missing some green onion in there. I'll let you know!
Daphne

Re: Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review Gourmet_Mom The ingredients soun...
there is green onion in the slaw.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review cjs there is green onion...
Oh, missed it...PERFECT! I think I saw some good beef on sale today that would work for this AND the Saurbraten! It looked like just enough marble for the saurbraten, so I'm thinking if I slice it right, it will work for the Mu Shu. We'll see what I find at Sam's.

NOOOOO....I need the flank steak for the Mu Shu! I need a BUNCH of flank...I hope it's still cheap!!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review cjs This one is too good...
Like I'll find miso here I had some, but gave it away when we moved. Any ideas on a substitute????? I looked at this recipe and thought it looked like something Bob and I would love.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review Harborwitch Like I'll find miso ...
Sharon, I'm sure this isn't what you're used to, but unless I find MISO at the Asian Market Tuesday, this is what I'm going to do.

According to Cook's Thesaurus: "Substitutes: soy sauce (one tablespoon miso = one teaspoon soy sauce) OR umeboshi paste"

Like I'd find umeboshi paste if I can't find miso....LOL! I'll be using full strength soy, but tasting for salt.
Daphne
Mu Shu Beef Wrap w/Miso Slaw - Review