Why does today seem like it ought to be Saturday???? What's on your menus?

I'm making an old family favorite - Corn Surprise made with homemade cream style corn and black beans added....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? cjs Why does today seem ...
I'm doing one of my favorites! To celebrate the wonderful week I've had, so far, I'm having Shrimp Primavera! I can't wait! Until then, one last day on the deck! It's supposed to rain tonight and/or tomorrow morning and turn cool (mid 60's to mid 70's). I saved my shopping/cooking/cleaning for this weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? Gourmet_Mom I'm doing one of my ...
When you're retired, isn't every day Saturday? That's what I'm hoping for when I retire...

Tonight, it's our vegetarian night. I selected a mushroom and vege concoction on polenta from my new 2010 Cook's Illustrated Cooking Light & Healthy.
[Image: lightandhealthy_250.jpg]

Re: Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? HomeCulinarian When you're retired,...
Hi, Jeanette! I saw that on the stands yesterday, but didn't have time to thumb through it. What do you think of it?
Daphne

Re: Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? Gourmet_Mom Hi, Jeanette! I saw...
I'll certainly be watching for Jeanette's reviews on this one - I really must alternate recipe testing with healthy eating...

And, you're right, Jeanette, everyday could be Sat. to us
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? Gourmet_Mom Hi, Jeanette! I saw...
I thumbed through it while shopping at Sam's and thought there were enough new and different things for us to try. This will be the first recipe from the book. Also going to try a poached salmon recipe, carrots and parsnips side, and there are a lot of chicken breast variations to try. I've gotten other publications from Cook's Illustrated and usually like what I try.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? HomeCulinarian I thumbed through it...
Thanks, Jeanette. I'll give it a closer look when I go to the city tomorrow.
Daphne

Re: Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? Gourmet_Mom Thanks, Jeanette. I...
It's cold and rainy again, so we will be having chili for dinner tonight. Had a wonderful lunch in Chinatown today with my dad. We went to #1 Pho, a popular Vietnamese restro and had Pho Ga and spring rolls. Then, on the way home we stopped at a really good bakery and bought nut rolls. Oh, happy day!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? Mare749 It's cold and rainy ...
It's not cold here, but it is really rainy, so we're going to have pasta. I'm thinking the steak grillades from C@H #45 might be tasty, but I may change my mind. It's getting toward the end of spring break and I'm totally unfocused!

Re: Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th? karyn It's not cold here, ...
Karyn, you have a few more days to just enjoy being unfocused - so have a good time!

Your lunch sounds great, Maryann!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday Dinner - Apr. 8th?