I try to keep up here, I read when I can, but I think I'm at the point in my life where work has totally taken over.

First of all, I am going to have my own retail on campus next fall. We just got a Starbucks in the Cafe (a retail store on campus) and we just purchased a Pita Pits franchise to start in the fall semester. And I will be running it. Finally a chance to utilize my supervisor status which I have held for 4 years. Away from omelets, thank whoever!

Meanwhile, I have volunteered (am I crazy????) to take a few shifts from a woman who is going on maternity leave, at the BIG dining hall on campus. Am I crazy????? I am such a to order cook, I am not used to cooking in these huge quantities. I am trying to train my replacement. She's 19 and has never held a job. She has also never cooked anything. So, in between meetings about my new job, changes in the present one I need to pass along to all my staff and trying to learn the ins and outs of the temporary job I will have for the next 6 weeks-

I'm tired just thinking about it.

PJ
PJ

Off Topic-work is changing again pjcooks I try to keep up her...
Bless your heart, PJ! I'm thinking you may have bitten off more than you can chew! GRACIOUS! Good luck! You know we're here when you get a minute. Your birthday is coming up, but we've got a slow summer. Hopefully, things will slow down and you will be able to join us for a review dinner then. Until then, take care of yourself!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wow! That is a lot of stuff going on. We love to hear from you whenever you are able to come and share with us. Don't forget to take time for yourself.

You definitely deserve it!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
PJ - you are a saint - but who hire the 19 year old??

I believe in giving people chances but . . . how in the world are you going to train her to replace YOU?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Off Topic-work is changing again Harborwitch PJ - you are a saint...
PJ, so good to hear from you again! You know, we all miss you and love to hear what's happening when you have the time to join in. Your new job sounds exciting to me and I have a feeling you are really going to enjoy it if you can survive the next month or two. Don't forget to be patient with yourself! And try to keep us posted when you can!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Off Topic-work is changing again Mare749 PJ, so good to hear ...
PJ - That's a lot to take on, but that seems to be your way! There is a Pita Pit in our campus town; and I know the former owner. His biggest problem was maintaining the food cost because student workers were feeding their friends if he wasn't around every minute the store was open. Sounds like at your place the University holds the franchise. That's different than how we do things here.

Stop in when you have a chance to let us know how you're doing.

Re: Off Topic-work is changing again HomeCulinarian PJ - That's a lot to...
Sounds like a challenge, but a good challenge, and I'm sure you'll do well.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Off Topic-work is changing again labradors Sounds like a challe...
Just remember, PJ, the more you do, the more you can do! You'll do a super job at all of them and will be great for your resume! Good luck and do check in when you can. Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Off Topic-work is changing again