Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15??
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by Trixxee (Every time I see one...)
Oh boy! Do I ever get you, Vicci! Especially these days! Andrew took his daddy to a Mustang Event a few weeks ago and it was GLORIOUS! I miss the Friday Night "Board Meeting" William used to host at the farm! I never thought I'd say this, especially in the early years of our marriage, but I CAN'T WAIT FOR HUNTING SEASON TO BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

Blane, is there a recipe or mix for your batter you'd like to share? And Jean, didn't you give me a batter recipe that worked really well, that comes out like Blane's?

Tracie, I hope you get to feeling well enough to enjoy the wedding!

Sadly, the mango Salad is a no go tonight. We went to town specifically to go to a real grocery store since I forgot mangoes and jicama at my favorite store yesterday. How those things missed my list I do not know. Anyway, we were also to visit our preacher, but after learning of a death in our church, we left him to organizing the funeral with the family and TOTALLY forgot about the groceries until about half way home. So regular salad it is. Bummer!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh boy! Do I ever g...)
Okay, trying to get back in the groove. Dinner was good. The broth was a little spicy for us girls, but William LOVED IT. the girls give it an 8 and William gave it a 10. Possible repeat.

It's funny, I'm a firm believer the body craves what it needs and doesn't. William has been saying for a couple of weeks that he was over chicken. He started this recovery eating like a horse, but lately, he has not eaten as much as I would like. One night this week, he even skipped the protein...chicken. When I asked him this week what he would like, he told me he wanted fish. This is VERY out of character for him. Don't get me wrong, he likes fish, but rarely requests it. Tonight, he ate a large salad, then ate THREE servings of fish and broth!

Needless to say, dinner menus just took a big switch. Tomorrow night went from burgers to a fish dish he picked out! More later! But I will say, it is another dish that is out of the box for us!

Here is a shot of dinner.

[Image: 52ff4bb95fe642a1bc65171f57b76c1c.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh boy! Do I ever g...)
Freezer surprise!

Mom's handwriting was on the labels of two containers: "Pork and Chicken Stew" and I had completely forgotten they were in there.

Somehow, she must have been the one who packaged up those leftovers, else I would have written the name of the dish: Carapulcra on the labels.

YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/13/15?? by labradors (Freezer surprise![br...)
This is the recipe I have taped on my jar of Ají panca paste - Carapulcra
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com