DINNER THREAD, 2/20/17 - 2/26/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/20/17 - 2/26/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
They are so cute! Saving for my food pix file. Do you think that one side of the French toast is cooked a bit before rolling it up?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
It's so thin, I wouldn't think so.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That's funny!  One of the few things I would eat at school was when they had the pancake wrapped sausage dog thingies.  Prepackaged, but not bad.  I'm sure this recipe is much much better!

Maryann, the rain missed us, and you both are going to hate me...it was in the low 70's here today with blue skies!  Happy Birthday to me!   Angel Heart

William is grilling me a big rib eye with a baked potato.  One of the few things he can and will cook by himself.  I'm doing Taco Salad tomorrow, so I grabbed shredded lettuce to go with my tomatoes that I hope are still good.  I had a giant shrimp salad wrap for lunch, so I will probably pass on the salad.  But it's there if William decides he wants one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Happy Birthday Daphne!  Posted on your FB page but I don't think you check in often.

Well I was all over the place with dinner today.   Last night I decided to pick up a pork shoulder today to make carnitas and a corn salsa but I have this cold that I just haven't been able to shake so that just seemed too big a feat.  So I pulled what I thought was ham and bean soup from the freezer and after it was sitting out a little while I noticed it was not ham & bean soup but homemade pinto beans.  Ugh.  Plan B is chicken noodle soup and even at that I had to go to the store because I had one lonely carrot and no noodles.
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/24/17??

What's for dinner today?? I'm trying a couple new dishes after searching for something new for cauliflower and chicken. 

Capt. John's Caramel Chicken

Cauliflower Steaks with Caper-Anchovy-Garlic Sauce
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Slow roasted carnitas and I think I'm going to make a corn salsa.  And I'm picking up guacamole at Chipotle because the avocados at the grocery store were $1.99 each and were either like rocks or mush.
Good luck with the cauliflower, Jean!

Trixxe, my daughter LOVES Carnitas!  When they left Laguna Beach the other day and headed up the Scenic HWY, they stopped at a restaurant on the water in Huntington Beach.  She order a trio of tacos, and her favorite was the Carnitas.  Considering one of the others was lobster, that's saying a lot!

I'm going to attempt taco salad with free form bowls.  Wish me luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Taco salad in tortilla bowls are my favorites.

Daphne, we gave the dinner today a 15!! (on a scale of 1-10!! Smile ) It's an easy trailer-friendly meal, so you might check it out.
www.achefsjourney.com
(02-24-2017, 04:25 PM)Trixxee Wrote: Slow roasted carnitas and I think I'm going to make a corn salsa.  And I'm picking up guacamole at Chipotle because the avocados at the grocery store were $1.99 each and were either like rocks or mush.

I'm going to guess that restaurant was Duke's?   Very good place.   Several locations in Hawaii as well.  Hope she enjoyed her time here.  It's been spectacularly sunny the last few days but chilly and breezy.
Yadda, yadda, yadda, Trixxee!!! Wink
www.achefsjourney.com