Review- Red Curry Soup w/ Rice Noodles
  Re: (...)
This was very, very good! But DH and I love curry in any form...

I made changes to lower the calories and fat, and have that adapted recipe on my blog today.

Oh, and a tip that I forgot to add to that review (will I remember to after leaving this forum???)-- place the rice noodles in a large plastic bag, close it, and break them in there. Otherwise those little pieces of noodle will fly all over the kitchen (I know from experience!).

[Image: RedCurrySoupRiceNoodles.jpg]

Whoa! Look at the size of that photo!!! Sorry, let's see if I can shrink it a bit...

Also, I have to mention that I took the pic before remembering to add the lime and cilantro (not in the original recipe, but it was a nice touch).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Review- Red Curry Soup w/ Rice Noodles by foodfiend (This was very, very ...)
Quote:

This was very, very good! But DH and I love curry in any form...

Ditto!

Quote:

Whoa! Look at the size of that photo!!! Sorry, let's see if I can shrink it a bit...

Try THIS.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review- Red Curry Soup w/ Rice Noodles by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
sounds and looks delicious, Vicci!

I love when the noodles go "poof"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review- Red Curry Soup w/ Rice Noodles by cjs (sounds and looks del...)
Oh, I can almost smell that soup from here, Vicci. One of my favorite types of soup too. Thanks for the review. The picture is gorgeous.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review- Red Curry Soup w/ Rice Noodles by Mare749 (Oh, I can almost sme...)
Rob, thanks so much for the link! I'm going to download and play with resizing the photo tomorrow.

Jean & Maryann, try it-- you won't be disappointed!

I think that diagonally sliced carrot would be nice in the soup, too.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Review- Red Curry Soup w/ Rice Noodles by foodfiend (Rob, thanks so much ...)
Quote:

Rob, thanks so much for the link! I'm going to download and play with resizing the photo tomorrow.

That is a VERY easy program to use, and it does the job very well.

Quote:

I think that diagonally sliced carrot would be nice in the soup, too.

Instead, you could make it similar to traditional Thai red curry by using cubes of fresh pumpkin or kabocha squash. That's another good option.
  Re: Re: Review- Red Curry Soup w/ Rice Noodles by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Rob, it's too late to resize this photo, but the site you told me about is great-- and you know it's easy when I can resize without even looking at the "read me" instructions!

I love pumpkin in Thai curry, thanks for reminding me. In fact, I have 2 butternut squash left from last years' garden and tomorrow is going to be chilly so I just may make this soup again. Never can have too much curry, and I'm sure you'll agree.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Review- Red Curry Soup w/ Rice Noodles by foodfiend (Rob, it's too late t...)
Quote:

Never can have too much curry, and I'm sure you'll agree.