Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Hope everyone has a great day!! Anyone cooking??

Our neighbors with the wood fired oven have invited us to spend Mother's Day with them and their family. I'm taking toppings for a new pizza (to us), Cannellini and Pancetta Pizza and I'm also taking some (lb. cake)fries and (raspberry)ketchup for dessert. Had one left in the freezer, and I think these folks will get a kick out of them.

I hope every kid in the world remembers to think of all of us today and how much we love them and hope we did right by and for them.

P.S. I got up to a big vase of yellow roses on the island. Just beautiful! And I'm going to test the Cannillini pizza with some champagne for a brunch.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Hope everyone has a ...)
Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there! No plans yet, I'll see how the day unfolds.

Plenty of cake left, will have to distribute that this afternoon.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by pjcooks (Yes, Happy Mother's ...)
Hubby took me out for dinner last night.....my first night home from the packing and movers trip. Today we have to secure the storage units and clean them out for delivery tomorrow. I am planning to make the southwest sloppy joes from one of the weeknight menu books. I just love them and they aren't too much work. Hubby has my favorite IPA chilling ;-)

Happy Mothers' Day to all of you wonderful moms!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by pjcooks (Yes, Happy Mother's ...)
Well It started with breakfast in bed. So sweet - but honestly I usually don't eat breakfast before 10am, and then just an oatmeal bar. But I ate my cereal and shared the rest at 7:30AM! Who can complain with such sweet kids.

I am playing in the yard today - probably working in the yard too, but it is such a beautiful day. Can't pass it up.

I think we will just have hamburgers on the gill for dinner.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by esgunn (Well It started with...)
Loved your FB pics, Erin. I was wondering how you ate all that food so early in the a.m.!

Holly is having the whole family over for dinner today. I know we are having a whole roasted pork loin, but don't know what else. I'm bringing bread and extra wine. Last day for Joe and Rena's visit. They go back home to Fla. tomorrow a.m. We have had such a nice time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by Mare749 (Loved your FB pics, ...)
Wow, what a brunch we had! I'm going to post the recipe in a separate thread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Wow, what a brunch w...)
Well, we met Mom, Ashley, and boyfriend, Jason in Wilmington for lunch today. When I mentioned I wanted seafood, Ashley suggested one of her favorites, Hieronymus Brothers. These guys started off with their own fishing boat and built a fleet for commercial fishing. Along the way, they decided, why not open a restaurant to serve this fresh seafood to the public. A local icon was born. In addition to typical seafood fare, they offer the fresh catch. This is the most unique part of their menu. The fresh catch can be served one of 8 different ways:
Nut Crusted Coated in coconut, almonds, and pecans, with a dash of cinnamon and topped with our homemade lobster cream sauce.
Romano Encrusted in parmesan and Romano cheese, grilled to perfection and topped with a sweet roasted red pepper sauce.
Blackened A spicy, full-bodied blend of spices and herbs, featuring a select mixture of international dried peppers
Italian Grilled Grilled in Italian herbs and topped with goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.
Herb Grilled our own blend of fresh lemon and basil, grilled to perfection. Healthy, healthy
Greek Seasoned with lemon and thyme and topped with fresh mint, dill, spinach, roasted red peppers and goat cheese
Citrus Cilantro Marinated and then grilled in cilantro, lime juice, garlic and topped with a sour cream sauce and fresh tomatoes.
Tuscan broiled in white wine and butter with basil bruscetta topping
Lemon Caper (new and no available description from the website)

Today's fresh catch was Ahi Tuna, Monkfish, Mako Shark, Grouper, and another I can't seem to remember. Ashley had ordered the tuna served Herb Grilled, but they ran out. She chose the shark and was very pleased with her choice. I chose grouper, of course, and had it served Tuscan style. It was AWESOME. I will be trying this at home. The boys chose fried shrimp and oysters and Mom, who has had seafood two nights in a row, chose Grilled chicken and Pasta served with sauteed collard greens. I've posted the slideshow below. The lighting was not great, and I was getting smirks from William and the kids, so they're not my best. The first picture is the front of the restaurant. (OOPS! I think I forgot to upload that one. Obviously, the first ones are us...LOL!) You should be able to see the herbs that grow all around the restaurant and are used by the chef. It looks like little more than a shack and has a "beachy" atmosphere inside...all the way down to shadow box table tops with sand and shells encased.

Here are the pictures [Image: th_AshleyMomJasonandme.jpg].

Oh, I forgot, since I couldn't possibly have crab, grouper, AND shrimp, William stopped at my favorite seafood market and bought me some head on shrimp. We stopped at the store for some corn and Kielbasa before coming back home....SHRIMP-A-ROO for two tonight! Now back to the deck and my book and glass of wine!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, we met Mom, As...)
Love your pics, Daphne, that food looks so good right now! It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

My #1 son bought me a gift card for Amazon, I get a lot of cooking stuff there. #3 made me sangria, which turned out to be pretty good. And #2 had flowers delivered last week-he said it was $20 cheaper than waiting for today. I taught him well!

Supper is still in the air. For whatever reason, dinner is dinner 6 nights a week, but on Sunday, it's supper. Hoping Picky will come up with a plan, but nothing yet.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by pjcooks (Love your pics, Daph...)
Belated Happy Mother's Day!!!Your dinners all sound great.

Quote:

Anyone cooking??

Yes, we cooked a few dishes.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Happy Mother's Day!! What's for Dinner?? by Lorraine (Belated Happy Mother...)
Great pictures, Daphne! And the food sounds wonderful. Missed a call from my youngest son, but in his message he said he and Wendy are coming for my Birthday party!!! I'm so excited.

We had a great time with our neighbors and their wood fired oven, lots of great pizzas. And, our hostess, bless her heart bought all the mothers there (except me ) the Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! book - it was such a nice thing to do.

Did a 'little' cooking, did you, Lorraine??? Are you exhausted?
www.achefsjourney.com