Wednesday Dinner, May 12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

We're having the bahn mi sandwich w/cucumber & carrots from the Slow Cooker book that a few of you had a while back. I crashed sitting in the sun yesterday afternoon, so didn't get the cauliflower made. maybe today.

I am making chocolate frozen yogurt, tho - but, I'll be good and not make the cream cheese one...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well it looks like I will be making another casserole. It's one of my MIL's recipes from her cookbook. She calls it African Chop Suey. To me it tastes like chow mein. Rice, ground beef, celery, cream of mushroom soup and soy sauce. If you top it with some chinese noodles that's what it reminds me of.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by luvnit (Well it looks like I...)
At my son's request, we're having chili dogs with onion slaw from one of the grilling books. I'm not usually a fan of hot dogs, but these are pretty tasty!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by karyn (At my son's request,...)
Karyn, I am so glad you mentioned this. I vaguely remembered seeing a chili dog recipe somewhere, I will have to check my grilling books now. I have had a craving for one. Funny thing, it is a closet dream of mine to own my own hot dog stand.

I am making Jean's chicken lo mein for dinner tonight. I haven't had it in a while and it sounds so good at the moment.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by chef_Tab (Karyn, I am so glad ...)
Finally - the freakin' wind has stopped blowing. Bob's going to work on the boat today and we're going to try to camp tonight. We've got the camp stove and maybe we'll pick up a portable grill. We'll think of something good.

We've been staying with friends and family - I'm looking forward to the camping and cooking what we want and having some friends join us.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by Harborwitch (Finally - the freaki...)
my chocolate frozen yogurt is made and in the freezer....now, I'm so tempted to make an apricot cobbler, I just love that combination flavors.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by chef_Tab (Karyn, I am so glad ...)
Theresa, I thought I was the only person who had that closet dream! My uncle Joe, unfortunately is gone now, but he had a hot dog stand on the beach down in Florida for many years and loved it. I always thought that would be such a pleasant job. People are usually happy when they are at the beach and they never get tired of hot dogs. Now I want one!

Dinner tonight is going to be pasta with leftover sauce and meatballs from the weekend.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by Mare749 (Theresa, I thought I...)
Jean - that was just plain mean. Good grief that sounds good! I have apricots in the freezer - and I'm here. Fiddle.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
A little lobster salad on a green salad here. It's still 4.99 a pound so I really have no choice

Life is tough

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, May 12?? by Harborwitch (Jean - that was just...)
Hey Theresa and Maryann, I have the business license for a hot dog stand - let's go for it!!

Sharon, you will be united soon....
www.achefsjourney.com