T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

We're working at one of the wineries today bottling, so will probably pick up something on way home.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am grilling salmon and making the couscous dish you(Jean) mentioned yesterday with my spinach that needs to be used.

Funny, I am working at the winery tomorrow. I will be pouring for tastings. It is graduation weekend for Penn State and they are expecting big crowds. Sunday is the National tasting project for our local wine society. The theme this year is "wines from Chile and Argentina". I will report any standouts.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by chef_Tab (I am grilling salmon...)
"I will report any standouts." - looking forward to those.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by chef_Tab (I am grilling salmon...)
We are gonna do that Banh Mi tonight. My hubby has no idea what it is and he is so excited just by the name. He is so funny.

Wait until he finds out it's just a sub sandwich!

[Image: banh-mi-vietnamese-sandwich.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by luvnit (We are gonna do that...)
We are having pan-fried Lake Erie perch, Asian coleslaw, and pierogis. Really looking forward to this one. Love those little perchies!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
On the light side for us tonight --- crab cakes for my husband and since I hate seafood I am having spring rolls.
Becky
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by Becky13 (On the light side fo...)
Welcome Becky! I will try not to judge you for not loving seafood ;-) I am a displaced New Englander and miss my clams and lobsters among other things. I think you will love this forum. The people are so friendly and the ideas are never ending.
Theresa

Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by chef_Tab (Welcome Becky! I wil...)
Becky, I'm so glad you joined us! I love both crab cakes and spring rolls, so I'd probably have one of each...I really need to work on my piggy tendencies!

We're having homemade mac & cheese. We have a marathon drive tomorrow (from Atlanta to the WV/OH border and back) and I wanted comfort food. It's in the oven now and beginning to smell delicious. We're having steamed green beans on the side as a concession to being (very) marginally healthy.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by karyn (Becky, I'm so glad y...)
Well, welcome Becky! How wonderful to have a newbie join the crew! I hope you'll hang around and chat with us! I'm with the others....I LOVE seafood, so I'd be eating with hubby...LOL! But then I LOVE spring rolls, so piglet that I am....I'd eat all of it...OIY!

Have I mentioned lately that I have GOT to loose some weight and exercise??!?!?!??!

William is at the farm tonight, so Andrew is grilling burgers, and I've made roasted taters and onions with butter...hoping to dig out some greens for another side. The problem with that is the boys have been "working" my fridge this week, and I don't think there's anything in there...AT ALL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, May 14th? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, welcome Becky!...)
Just to note, that recipe for couscous from Jean is a huge winner! I had to use quinoa in place of couscous. I swore I had couscous in the cabinet, but did not so I subbed quinoa, but otherwise followed the recipe. I figured it would be good, but hubby and I each ate three helpings! And what a pretty dish this is with the green from the spinach and the bright red cranberries! Thanks again Jean!
Theresa