more great cheese
  Re: (...)
Since I moved to Pennsylvania I have had the pleasure of being exposed to far more cheeses than I have in the past. I try to buy a new one each week to taste. There have been several wonderful cheeses, but this most recent one is so unique to me I thought I would share. It is called Vintage Gouda. OMG, it is so flavorful, I don't even want a cracker under it. It is very chewy with bits of crunch and sort of buttery tasting, but has a wonderful bite. I want to shout it from the roof tops. Has anyone else tried this yet? (cheesemonger doesn't count if she is eavesdropping)
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: more great cheese by chef_Tab (Since I moved to Pen...)
No, haven't tried it, but it's on the shopping list now!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: more great cheese by Mare749 (No, haven't tried it...)
I'll be looking! We LOVE Gouda, so this would be right up our alley! Thanks for the heads up, Theresa!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: more great cheese by Gourmet_Mom (I'll be looking! We...)
Just to warn you, it is nothing like any gouda I have ever tried! I like gouda too, but this is in a league of its own.
Theresa

Re: Re: more great cheese by chef_Tab (Just to warn you, it...)
OH Dear...that sounds dangerous!
Daphne
  Re: Re: more great cheese by Gourmet_Mom (OH Dear...that sound...)
I've never been a great Gouda fan, but we have had an aged gouda that may be similar to what you tasted, and I loved it. Will look for 'vintage' and see. What wine did you like best with it, Theresa?

Isn't it fun working closely with wineries? We came home yesterday from bottling with our 'paycheck' - a case plus one!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: more great cheese by cjs (I've never been a gr...)
"Isn't it fun working closely with wineries? We came home yesterday from bottling with our 'paycheck' - a case plus one!!!! "

Well, that's just mean!!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: more great cheese by Gourmet_Mom ("Isn't it fun workin...)
But, I'll tell you about them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: more great cheese by cjs (But, I'll tell you a...)
Right now I am having something new from "our" winery called Geisenheim with the cheese. I love this new wine, it is somewhat tropical tasting. They actually had three "new to me" wines and I love two of them. We brought home a case of mixed bottles, but 4 of them are the Geisenheim. It was extremely busy and lots of fun. Wally always sells a lot for them because all the women go crazy over the kilt. I could wear a skirt but it just doesn't have the same effect.
Theresa

Re: Re: more great cheese by chef_Tab (Right now I am havin...)
He wears his kilt? Oh, that would be a fun idea.
www.achefsjourney.com