Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!!
  Re: (...)
I'm sure Bill will be right along to tell us about the entree picture - isn't their dining area beautiful???

[Image: BJsDiningRoom.jpg]

and the entree - (but no picture of dessert.... )
[Image: BJsEntre.jpg]

over to you, Bill - it sure looks good. (OOps, didn't see the next email... )

[Image: BJS4.jpg]

and
[Image: BJS3.jpg]

Wow, what a spread - I want a ticket to the next one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by cjs (I'm sure Bill will b...)
I KNEW it would be elegant! Bill and Jane always throw the most divine parties!!!!

Hurry Bill! I'm drooling!

Is that LOBSTER in that dish in the upper left corner of that third picture?!?!?!?!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by cjs (I'm sure Bill will b...)
Wow! Beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about the event. I missed it, what was it for?

Can't wait to hear from you Bill, to fill us in!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by luvnit (Wow! Beautiful! I c...)
Our monthly dinner group is named "21 Club" after the famous NYC establishment. We visited there last year and brought home dinner favors and interesting items along with menus. Our month is may, and we called this one "21 Club" At "21 Club" and based dinner on the menu from there.
Appetizers:
Cold Seafood Platters--Lobster (we found it for $9.99/lb!), jumbo lump crab, boiled shrimp,Jonah and King Crab Claws.
Thai Chicken Salad Cups (CAH #66)

Caesar Salad

Roasted Beef Tenderloin/ Double Mushroom Ragout
Potato/Leek Gratin
Tomato, Spinach Rockerfeller
Bread Basket

Tri Color Chocolate Mousse/whipped cream/flowers/raspberries

I forgot to take a picture of the mousse. We served 24. Great time. We served Argyle Pinot Noir from Oregon with dinner. They liked that too--we went thru 8 bottles!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by Old Bay (Our monthly dinner g...)
Absolutely beautiful. I knew we were supposed to detour south on the way home - but . . . . we haven't even left for home yet!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by Harborwitch (Absolutely beautiful...)
Oh, my mercy!!!! I can't believe the size of those pieces of crab! And I hadn't even noticed the crab claws! What a wonderful spread!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, my mercy!!!! I ...)
absolutely breathtaking!! and I'm drooling also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by cjs (absolutely breathtak...)
Jean, I was going to add "breathtakingly beautiful" - the presentation was just beautiful and the first photo of the seating took my breath away - I LOVE presentation - I love using the really nice things - now I will have to learn how to make some of those dishes!!! Gosh, that looked wonderful!!! Kudos to Bill and Jane!!!
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by (Jean, I was going to...)
Quote:

Jean, I was going to add "breathtakingly beautiful" - the presentation was just beautiful and the first photo of the seating took my breath away - I LOVE presentation - I love using the really nice things - now I will have to learn how to make some of those dishes!!! Gosh, that looked wonderful!!! Kudos to Bill and Jane!!!

I agree! Very impressive! Gosh I wish I were better at cooking for groups. You make me want to be a better cook!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane's Dinner Party!! by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That's what's so great about this forum - we all encourage each other to do better and play more!
www.achefsjourney.com