Cooking for a Private Chef
  Re: (...)
Our weekend guest, Ross (BOHICA), is coming anytime now and I'm all set for him.

The Menu is made -

Salmon chunks - beer batter fried
tuna - grilled & served with a caper vinaigrette
oysters - grilled with Parmesan & herbs
Prawns - garlic oven roasted (cocktail & tartar sauces)
Polka Dot Couscous Salad
Whole Wheat Sourdough
Dessert -
Grilled Pineapple
Sugar Cookies
Chocolate chunks
Raspberry Bliss wine

Gonna have some fun in P.A. tonight. AND, another cruise ***** is due in in an hour - more tourist (more shoppers )

Have a great weekend everyone.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by cjs (Our weekend guest, R...)
Ross is a lucky man!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by Old Bay (Ross is a lucky man!...)
The menu sounds great, Jean! I know Ross will love it! BTW, does he still work for that guy out in the boonies of Michigan (I think it was) at that resort? I always thought that was an awesome job! A personal chef with a free reign in the kitchen and a nearly unlimited budget!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by Gourmet_Mom (The menu sounds grea...)
To be a fly on the wall! Jean, we need to get you a webcam! This is torture, waiting!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by Gourmet_Mom (To be a fly on the w...)
Everything sounds wonderful, but I must admit that the beer battered salmon chunks really caught my attention! Can't wait for pictures.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by cjs (Our weekend guest, R...)
Dang I wish we all could be there! Take pictures! Not just of the food, the people too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by Gourmet_Mom (To be a fly on the w...)
The menu sounds fantastic. We're all waiting for pictures!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by Harborwitch (The menu sounds fant...)
Crap, I forgot to take pictures! he's coming for breakfast, so I'll try to remember to take one of us. I wish I had taken one of the 'spread' last night, man it was so good.

I'll post the vinaigrette for the tuna later, if anyone likes to cook/grill tuna, this is really good

forgot to mention, yes Daphne, he's still cooking for the couple (kids gone now) in upper Michigan and he really doesn't have the freedom he would like - the fellow is quite set in his ways, evidently. But, he does love his job.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by cjs (Crap, I forgot to ta...)
GRACIOUS! Well, at least we'll get to see you guys.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Cooking for a Private Chef by Gourmet_Mom (GRACIOUS! Well, at ...)
I'll sure be glad when Roy learns to take his time with pictures....geez, he didn't even give me a chance to smile - anyway, here we be, champagne in hand and not talking for a second

[Image: RossJean.jpg]

And, of course he remembers you, Daphne, he said to say Hi to you also. Great visit - I love meeting online friends!!
www.achefsjourney.com