Review Three Bean Pasta Salad
  Re: (...)
From the latest issue - 81. June 2010.

I made this for a potluck on Saturday. It was excellent. We really liked it. It got great reviews, and my kids loved it. I prepped everythig and put in individual baggies - so it would fit in my cooler better. Mixed the dressing and kept that seperate as well. Mixed it all and tossed with dressing just before serving. Wonderful salad. I will make this again and again. It was also a very pretty salad. The only change - I didn't add olives -I don't care for olives.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by esgunn (From the latest issu...)
I still don't have this issue....this IS the latest issue, right? I've decided William threw it out, thinking it was a flyer....not a magazine. I'll have to contact Customer Service and see if I can get a replacement copy. If somebody gets a chance, I'd love to see this one. It sounds yummy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by Gourmet_Mom (I still don't have t...)
I haven't seen mine yet either Daphne! I keep wondering when I should start to worry.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by chef_Tab (I haven't seen mine ...)
better check this one out in MY COPY!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by cjs (better check this on...)
Hmmm, I received mine either early last week or the week before. Daphne, would you like me to type the recipe and post it for you? I'm trying to get over a head-cold and not doing much else but blowing my nose...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by foodfiend (Hmmm, I received min...)
Bless your heart, Vicci! I hope you get better soon!

Since you offered....Like I said, I think William threw it out as "garbage". When I showed him my issue #80 with its paper cover still on it, his face blanched. Unless, anyone else received a "flyer" from the magazine, the size of the magazine, but MAYBE not as thick as the magazine, let me know. Otherwise, he threw my magazine out as "trash". Since it will take weeks to get it, I would love it if you would post it.

And Jean, if you or Tracie could post that spicy shrimp recipe, I'd appreciate it. (Wasn't that in the latest magazine, also?) Based on other's experiences, it looks like it will be weeks before I get a replacement copy....POOOH! NOW he decides to throw out "trash" mail before he leaves the post office!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart, Vi...)
"Three" Bean Pasta Salad

12 servings (6 cups)
Total time 20 minutes

2 cups dry ziti (4oz)
2 cups fresh green beans (12 oz)
1 15oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 oz deli-sliced Genoa salami, chopped
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup thinly-sliced red onion
1/2 cup pitted, sliced black olives
4 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Use a slotted spoon to transfer cooked pasta to a colander. Cook green beans in same boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Rinse pasta and green beans under cool water; transfer to a large bowl.

Add garbanzo beans and remaining salad ingredients.

Prepare vinaigrette by combining in a jar with a tight-fitting lid:
1/3 cup grated Parm
3T extra-virgin olive oil
2 T white wine vinegar
1 teasp minced garlic
1/2 teasp Dijon
s & p to taste.

Shake dressing well and drizzle over salad just before serving; toss until evenly coated. Serve chilled.

Okay, so why isn't is called two bean salad?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by foodfiend ("Three" Bean Pasta S...)
Oh, Daphne, there is a hot & sweet shrimp recipe in issue 80 (April), is that the one you wanted? The only shrimp recipes in the new (issue 81) one are shrimp tacos and a shrimp green Thai curry.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by foodfiend (Oh, Daphne, there is...)
Oh, okay, I have issue 80...I'll look that one up...but thanks. If I get anxious about the shrimp tacos, I'll let you guys know. (I'll probably try the shrimp corn dogs first....LOL!) I connected the two because both were "kinda" reviewed in the same thread.

Thanks Vicci! You're an angel! This is on the menu for this weekend! I can't make it this week because YS is leaving for a while and choosing the menus. Garbanzo beans have never been in our menu, so I'll wait until he is off to try it. I can't wait though!!!!!! One of William's favorite sides was his grandmother's three bean salad....which I need to resurrect.

And yea....what's up with the three beans....there's only two!!!!! Maybe because it is a spin off of the old "Three Bean Salad" recipe?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Review Three Bean Pasta Salad by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, okay, I have iss...)
I think they mention that the ziti pasta is supposed to look like the third bean. They call it Three "bean" pasta salad.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.