Grilled Shrimp Tacos - Issue #81
  Re: (...)
Tracie and her family had this for mother's day and everyone loved it!! here you go, Daphne -
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
[Email]C@H[/Email], Issue # 81
4 servings

For the shrimp tacos:
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 T. olive oil
2 tsps. chili owder
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled & deveined (24)
8 flour tortillas (6”)

For the chipotle sauce:
1/2 cup mayo or sour cream
1 1/2 tsps. minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1 1/2 tsps. honey
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
Salt to taste

For the slaw:
4 cups shredded rd cabbage
1/2 cup sliced scallions
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 T. olive oil
1 T. distilled white vinegar
Salt to taste

Whisk together 1/2 cup lime juice, 1 T. olive oil, and chili powder for the tacos. Add shrimp and chill until ready to skewer.

Preheat one side of the grill to medium-high and the other side to medium-low.
Whisk together mayo, chipotles, honey, and 1 tsp. lime juice for the sauce. Season with salt and chill until ready to serve, or up to 2 days.

Combine cabbage, scallions, cilantro, 1 T. oil, and vinegar for the slaw. Season with salt and chill until ready to serve, or up to 1 hour.

Wrap tortillas in foil. Thread shrimp onto 4 metal skewers or soaked bamboo skewers.

Grill foil-wrapped tortillas, covered, over medium-low heat, 3-4 minutes. Flip and grill 3-4 minutes more. Grill shrimp skewers, covered, over medium-high heat, 1-2 minutes per side. Remove tortillas and skewers from the grill.

To serve, divide slaw and shrimp among 8 tortillas; drizzle with sauce.

Tequila Refried Beans
if the beans become too thick as they sit, thin them out with a little water (water? water? why not tequila….)
4 servings

1/4 cup diced white onion
1 T. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
2 T. tequila or water
2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz. ea)
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 T. fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and black pepper to taste
Crumbled feta cheese
Sliced Serrano chile

Sauté onion in oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, cumin, and coriander. Sauté 1 minute. Deglaze pan with tequila; reduce until evaporated.

Stir in beans and broth. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. Crush beans with a potato masher and cook until soupy, 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Serve with cheese and chile slices.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Grilled Shrimp Tacos - Issue #81 by cjs (Tracie and her famil...)
Oooh, yum. Sounds really good. I don't have the last few issues because we are moving next month, and I didn't want to renew my subscription to deal with it. I haven't been able to find the last couple of issues in stores though, and my goto spot for them, Sam's Club, hasn't had them. Booo. I'll have to look for them to pop up on eBay.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Shrimp Tacos - Issue #81 by Vanquisher (Oooh, yum. Sounds r...)
Oh, my! This does sound yummy! I love the idea for the side! This looks like a weekend splurge!

Thanks Jean and Tracie!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.