OT Changing gears one more time
  Re: (...)
The last two months have been nightmarish for me. I work my regular job Mondays (where I spend the morning recouping from the weekend staff), go to the big house on Tuesday (8700 people fed), regular job Wed when I regroup from me not being there on Tues, repeat for Thursday and Friday. This week my reg job was so short staffed I had to work my station on Thur, no big house, so now THEY were short staffed and not very happy. And I was stolen to work the Dairy Bar today (that's a sweet job) because of honors convocation. We had an 11AM to 5PM rush. (And unbeknownst to us, hundreds of gift certificates were sent out for free ice creams today. Yikes.

Was getting to the point that I didn't know which uniform to put on in the morning. It's going to settle down now. I'll be at the Dairy Bar for a while, then training for the new Pita Pits franchise we will offer in the Cafe in the fall, where I'll be the day super. We also have a Starbucks, so I'll become proficient in making Caramel Macciatos or whatever they are.

While I enjoyed the interaction with the student in All Day Breakfast, I won't miss cooking thousands of eggs and omelets. I do love cooking, but dining hall cooking is a lot different than any other kind of cooking.

So, once again, one chapter in my cooking career ends and another begins. I'm looking forward to this new venture. I'll still have lots of interaction with the students, I'll be doing something new, have more responsibility (do I need that??) but most importantly, having my own store.

I don't intend to lift a pan or a spoon this weekend. I just need to unwind from the last few months and if anyone is hungry there's always takeout. And they can get something for me while they're there

Thanks for listening!

PJ
PJ
  Re: OT Changing gears one more time by pjcooks (The last two months ...)
WOW, PJ...this is GREAT news! I hope you'll enjoy your new assignment. I think the idea of learning to make all those coffees sounds COOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT Changing gears one more time by Gourmet_Mom (WOW, PJ...this is GR...)
Good luck with the new job, PJ. Hope you love it!

This will be fun when you tell us all about the new sandwiches you learn to make and all those cool coffee drinks!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sounds like a change for the better. It's always great to learn new things - to stretch out and consider every twist and turn in life as another adventure! I'm so happy for you.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT Changing gears one more time by Harborwitch (Sounds like a change...)
Good for you PJ! I hope you just love it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: OT Changing gears one more time by farnfam (Good for you PJ! I ...)
I hope you have a really relaxing weekend and then enjoy your new assignment! It sounds fun. I've always wanted to try the barista thing, and learn to make those fancy designs on top of coffee.
  Re: Re: OT Changing gears one more time by karyn (I hope you have a re...)
Quote:

8700 people fed),

I can't even fathom that! Good luck and have fun!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT Changing gears one more time by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Oh PJ - I can't imagine how you have handled that job all these years without complete and devastating burn out!!!! You are indeed one in a million - I could not do it.

Eggs be gone and coffee and pita comin' at you for a while. Good luck and learning new things to share with the neighborhood is a good thing. (What's a Pita Pit??? a Pita sandwich place?)

Have a great easy weekend.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT Changing gears one more time by cjs (Oh PJ - I can't imag...)
PJ, my jaw dropped when I read about your past week (heck, when I read about what you do on a regular basis!). Please take a nice relaxing weekend and do nothing! Good luck on the upcoming ventures-- I have no doubt that everything you set your mind to do will be greatly successful.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
I dub thee Ms Multitask!!! Bless you child--rest on the 7th day!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".