What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22??
  Re: (...)
Well, I already posted my menu for today...must get started on the last things in a minute!

What's on everyone's menus? (Well, Lorraine is working her tail off and PJ is pickled, so no news from those two, I'm sure)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by cjs (Well, I already post...)
I'm going to try this recipe, except instead of the pancakes I'm doing Sharon's Crespelle. And of course no lobster here in the Great White (actually summer like weather)North. So, I will use the lobster mates, they're ok for this I think.
Anyway, check out the recipe, you may need to have Google translate it for you by clicking at the top.

http://lesgourmandisesdisa.blogspot.com/...omard.html

oh, and there will be vats of wine to accompany, of course hic
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by farnfam (I'm going to try thi...)
Oh my! Doesn't that look DELICIOUS!

As for dinner, I'm not sure. I'll either do the Spicy Shrimp that Jean and Tracie posted the other day or steak with the Parmesan and Herb Oysters for appies.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my! Doesn't that...)
We are thawing some of our Bolognese sauce to have with pasta and I'm harvesting some basil to make an early season caprese salad to go with it. A nice friendly chianti will be just fine.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by Old Bay (We are thawing some ...)
We're planning on babyback ribs, grilled potatoes and romaine salad. No wine, but probably a few beers.

Jean, I'm sure your party will be a blast. Sure wish we could be there with you. Have a great time!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by Mare749 (We're planning on ba...)
We are having kung pao chicken. Yum!
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by Vanquisher (We are having kung p...)
Well, for a number of reasons we didn't get the Grill Fired Pork steaks last night so they are on the menu for tonight. I got the black beans and roasted sweet potatoes cooked earlier (along with popcorn slider buns, popcorn bread, Italian baguette and an Italian loaf).

Bob's got the grill out and we're goin' for it.

Just discovered that we're under a tornado watch until 1 am. If there's a tornado here I'm packing it in and up. This is not what I signed up for.

Cross your fingers that they miss us, please.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by cjs (Well, I already post...)
Went to the Hurricane restaurant in Kennebunkport, ME, last night for dinner. The dining room hangs over the water. I had a beet salad with aged sherry vin and goat cheese(yum), the veal chop (HUGE) with demi, cheddar grits souffle and a tomato mushroom salad. Really good sourdough bread with a nice olive oil for dipping (Picky had to ask for butter, he doesn't know what he is missing). And a nice spicy zin, Four Vines.

A nice evening all around.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by pjcooks (Went to the Hurrican...)
It sounds like "Picky" has done well for your birthday weekend, PJ! Your dinner sounds really nice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 22?? by pjcooks (Went to the Hurrican...)
PJ, your dinner sounds fabulous. Your salad sounds very similar to the plated one we did for a luncheon Saturday, Roasted root vegetable confetti (the beets gave it a great colour), and gosat cheese over a bed of mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette (our house made sherry vinegar isn't ready yet). We were both beat, so zapped some corn on the cob, leftover fingerling potatoes, baguette with honey butter.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.