Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day??????
  Re: (...)
Things being hectic around here, I haven't even thought of my favorite weekend of the year - usually my b'day falls within, so it's MY weekend

Any new foods going to be cooked?? I need ideas for just Roy and me - no company!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? by cjs (Things being hectic ...)
There's a picnic/wine tasting at the Vineyard, with a live band (how cute is this, the leader is a young man my daughter hung out with) I think we will be taking Eggplant Sandwiches along as well as sampling whats for sale.
The vineyard is featuring their "Wine-aritas" We are looking forward to it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? by farnfam (There's a picnic/win...)
We will be in Galapagos on Memorial Day. we are leaving this Friday for Quito, Ecuador--2 days then to the islands. Very isolated--600 miles from a continent--no internet or cell phone service. We will be gone until June 7th. This is our safari--to sail and walk the path of Charles Darwin has been on my bucket list for years--one of the most brilliant and misunderstood scientists in history.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? by farnfam (There's a picnic/win...)
I'll probably do your review dinner burgers one night, but I want to do something with seafood on another. After looking at Cis's dinner for tonight, I think I'll look for something different.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? by Old Bay (We will be in Galapa...)
Quote:

We will be in Galapagos on Memorial Day. we are leaving this Friday for Quito, Ecuador--2 days then to the islands. Very isolated--600 miles from a continent--no internet or cell phone service. We will be gone until June 7th. This is our safari--to sail and walk the path of Charles Darwin has been on my bucket list for years--one of the most brilliant and misunderstood scientists in history.

Wowie! This really deserves a new thread, Bill! I am so jealous. What an incredible trip you have planned. Hope you will have time to keep a journal of your adventure so we can hear all about it when you return.

As for our Memorial day, no definite plans yet, but we always have a family BBQ, usually at our house. The kids are probably going to their trailer for the weekend which is now situated at Geneva-on-the-lake, so we may end up out there.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
WOW Bill and Jane! What an awesome trip. I did a science curriculum project years ago based on the Galapagos with my students. There was a group of scientists down there and we were able to link to their project, see what they were doing, ask questions, etc. It was really exciting! The animals we learned about was unbelievable. I know you'll have a great time. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? by Gourmet_Mom (WOW Bill and Jane! ...)
That trip sounds wonderful, Bill! A much deserved vacation. Can't wait to hear about it!

Mem Day? Just working, so no plans

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? by Old Bay (We will be in Galapa...)
Wow! What a trip. We have a cd of music by a group from Quito - beautiful stuff. Oh, and the Galapagos!!! How amazing and exciting. Can't wait for your pictures and commentary when you return.

You and Jane so deserve this trip! Bon Voyage.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Has ANYONE Thought of Memorial Day?????? by Harborwitch (Wow! What a trip. ...)
"The vineyard is featuring their "Wine-aritas" We are looking forward to it" - Cis, there was a restaurant (somewhere that we lived in the not too recent past) that couldn't get a liquor license, so they serve wine margaritas. Not too bad.

Oh Bill, that sounds wonderful - and I agree, I hope to read a diary about the trip!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Quote:

I sure hope Bill and Jane were not affected by the earthquake. They flew to Equador yesterday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."