Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe
  Re: (...)
I would love to be able to get the recipe for the Sweet Street Desserts Big Chocolate Cake )! [Image: 8269size200.jpg] I have tried everywhere but cannot find the recipe. If anyone can give me the recipe I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I need a recipe for the richest, dark chocolate cake one can make!. thanks
  Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by BeatriceFabian1 (I would love to be a...)
Sorry, can't help you but it sure looks good. Someone will be along shortly that may have a recipe for you. Welcome to the forum and stop back in again. We're always happy to have new members.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by Mare749 (Sorry, can't help yo...)
Our family has a favorite, but it is so simple, it is almost embarassing. It's called Chocolate beer cake and uses Duncan Hines cake mix. Would you like me to post that one? I top it with chocolate genache.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by chef_Tab (Our family has a fav...)
I know I would love to try it!
Maryann

Re: Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by Mare749 (I know I would love ...)
Chocolate Beer Cake
1 pkg Duncan Hines Devils food cake mix
1 pkg instant pudding-dark fudge
4 eggs
1/3 c oil
1 12 oz can beer
Mix for 10 mins with beater. Pour into greased and floured angel food or bundt
pan. Bake at 350 for 40- 50 mins. Do not overbake.
I top with a dark chocolate genache. Sometimes I serve the genache warm poured over each slice. This cake is very moist and chocolatey.

I hope you like it too, Maryann. I forget where my mom got this recipe, but it was my favorite for my birthday and my younger daughter's favorite to this day.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by chef_Tab (Chocolate Beer Cake[...)
Oh my, I'm drooling just thinking about this! Thanks Theresa, I'm tempted to make my own birthday cake this year!
Maryann

Re: Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by Mare749 (Oh my, I'm drooling ...)
My all time favorite dark chocolate cake is CI's Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse Cake. It is chocolatey and rich and does not require frosting. Once I made it for my son's birthday on 12/24, so I decided to offer it just as an extra choice a Christmas dessert to DH's family the next day, since many of them don't care for chocolate cake. Everyone had some and raved about it, and most asked for seconds. I've read lots of good reviews from the Double Chocolate Cake from Gourmet (available on Epi) but I have not had an occasion to make it. My other favorite chocolate cake is the Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake which has one bittersweet cake layer with a dark chocolate mousse and a white chocolate layer. Then of course there is Julia's famous Bombe au Trois Chocolats.
I'll be happy to post any of the recipes if you want one.
  Re: Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by Cubangirl (My all time favorite...)
Welcome to the forum, Bea. If you can't find the one you seek, try the Le Bec Fin Chocolate Cake.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Oh Good Lord, Why did I open this thread!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Request for Sweet Street Dessert Recipe by cjs (Oh Good Lord, Why di...)
I managed to avoid it last night - why oh why did I open it this morning.

I can't bake today! It's going to storm like mad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!