My Party
  Re: (...)
Well, I finally figured out how to make a 'slide show' of the food pictures from the party, but I'm not sure if this is how you get to it -

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...mp;t=1274712836

If it isn't, I don't know how to do it....

We had so much fun - we have the greatest neighbors, friends and relatives EVER!

My fvorite present - but, don't tell anyone...was the salt block 'houseboat' Don gave me. It is used to cook on and here's the link that tells about it. There are pictures in the slide show of us cooking scallops and beef strips. The steak strips were wonderful and we'll do this a lot. The scallops had been frozen (all we could get here in Podunk ) and they just didn't cook well, plus they tasted fishy which is a number 1 no-no.

http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/index.ph...page&id=38

This is so fun to play with - Lorraine, you and Gil could really put on a show using this at one of your dos.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: My Party by cjs (Well, I finally figu...)
Jean, What wonderful pictures! The slide show worked perfectly. I love the way you dressed up the onion dip!!! And the pig platter. The food looked just fantastic. I bet it was terrific day.

I want some of that cobbler. Guess I could have had some...

Thank you sharing your Brithday with us.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: My Party by esgunn (Jean, What wonderfu...)
Beautiful food!! I'm sorry we don't live closer (especially in the summer)!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: My Party by cjs (Well, I finally figu...)
The food looks wonderful. I can just imagine the grand time everyone had.

Bob, oh Bob - We must have a salt block! That looks like so much fun.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: My Party by Harborwitch (The food looks wonde...)
All of the food looks soooo good, Jean! Sure wish we could have been there. Sounds like it was a great time.

Love your pics. I really have to buckle down and re-learn how to do that. I know it's not that hard.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My Party by Mare749 (All of the food look...)
I loved your slide show! The food looked absolutely amazing, and the salt block looks like it may be a new purchase. What fun!
  Re: Re: My Party by karyn (I loved your slide s...)
Gorgeous, Jean! It would have been fun to have been there. If I ever am, I'll call before I crash

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: My Party by pjcooks (Gorgeous, Jean! It ...)
Wow the food looked amazing!! I love the large martini glass with the dip. Gosh I so wish we could have come up.
  Re: Re: My Party by DFen911 (Wow the food looked ...)
FANTABULOUS! The food looks great, but I LOVE the salt block the best!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My Party by Gourmet_Mom (FANTABULOUS! The fo...)
Jean, what wonderful photos! Everything looks great, you have such a knack for presentation. I especially love the photo of you, all smiley and happy. The salt block has me so intrigued! I cannot help but wonder how long it will last. I plan to do some research. Thanks for sharing your party with us!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!