Chop Chop
  Re: (...)
Just thought I'd share - This magazine was featured on another web site this mornign.

A food/cooking magazine for kids ages 5 to 12 and their familes. I think I am going to give it a try.

Chop Chop Magazine
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Chop Chop by esgunn (Just thought I'd sha...)
That sounds great - I hope I can find this again, come Christmas time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chop Chop by cjs (That sounds great - ...)
That is awsome!
  Re: Re: Chop Chop by DFen911 (That is awsome! [img...)
Thanks Erin! I just sent the link to my daughters. Holly could probably even find this useful in her classroom, to help kids make healthier choices.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chop Chop by Mare749 (Thanks Erin! I just...)
The first issue was April 2010. I ordered one year subscription (4 magazines for $9.00). I'll let you know what I think of it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chop Chop by esgunn (The first issue was ...)
I have a gaggle of young neices and nephews. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Chop Chop by esgunn (Just thought I'd sha...)
Good news to share, Erin. I am so convinced that if (most) children were given the education and information AND maybe most importantly, the chance to actually prepare their own foods, we would be surprised at the good choices they would make. My own three do pretty well, even growing up in a fast food era. They all cook now.

Thanks for passing this along, I'll share it with others.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Chop Chop by pjcooks (Good news to share, ...)
How cute is that! I can't wait to share it at school!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chop Chop by Gourmet_Mom (How cute is that! I...)
I so agree with you, PJ! Years ago I introduced the son of friends to 'real' parmesan, not the one in the green containter and his mother still laughs about it - she was never able to have that 'stuff' in the house again. And, it did kind of start him on his road to loving good food.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com