Any Ideas for Cheesecake????
  Re: (...)
I'm doing the dessert for Harbinger Winery again - on Friday June 4th and they've asked me to do a cheesecake. I'll do a reduction with the Blackberry Bliss (that they are introducing that night) and I'm trying to think of a clever presentation - I have a lot to live up to after the 'Fries & Ketchup' night!

We talked a while back about cheesecake lollipops, will have to look that thread up and see what's what there.

Any other ideas for me?

edited to add - I found some of the threads we talked about these little goodies.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post26461

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post26432
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by cjs (I'm doing the desser...)
[Image: 4467001.gif]
I think these look fun.
  Re: Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by HomeCulinarian ( [img]http://www.ats...)
I was thinking bite size cheesecake on a stick But those look YUMMY!
  Re: Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by DFen911 (I was thinking bite ...)
I love the little "sticks". They're the type served with the little ice cream cups! How CUTE!

Okay, we don't have much time, but what do you think of when you think blackberries? The point is...to twist something you know. Or different ways to think of eating cheesecake.

For me, I love eating blackberries fresh off the bush and blackberry pie. Obviously, mini cheesecakes aren't going to get it. Rambling ideas here...Jean had you thought about the Cream Cheese Ice cream with some reduction drizzled on? Then I thought of doing the cheesecake like Popsicles...frozen...and dipped. But that's just like the lollipops. What else do we "dip"? Just brainstorming here....

What do we dip?

-wings
-ice cream pops and cones
-ring pops
-fries
-fingers (LOL)
-cupcakes
-? (still thinking)

What do we drizzle?

-pizza
-potatoes
-veggies
-steak
-polenta
-plates (?)
-fish
-peaches (fruit)

I'll sleep on it. I still think the cream cheese ice cream is a good idea, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by Gourmet_Mom (I love the little "s...)
Quote:

Just brainstorming here....

-wings

Hmmm...

Hot wings are usually served with a blue-cheese dipping sauce, so how about a savoury cheesecake containing hot sauce and blue cheese?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
See! That's what I'm talking about! There's those blue cheese cheese cakes....

But then you WERE talking presentation, though....I guess that leaves out the ice cream, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by Gourmet_Mom (See! That's what I'...)
Well I read Daphne's post about "twisting something you know" and "..eating...off the bush..." and got this image of Jean trying to figure out how to put cheesecakes bites out on the berry vines to eat.

"Hi I'm Jean and I made you a scumptious dessert..now if you'll just follow me outside..."
  Re: Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by DFen911 (Well I read Daphne's...)
Quote:

... got this image of Jean trying to figure out how to put cheesecakes bites out on the berry vines to eat.

Actually, that reminds me of a neat idea from the brochette episode of Parilla al Máximo. For one kind of brochette, he used lemon grass as the skewers and for another, he used sugar cane. When they were done, he arranged them in a vase!

For cheesecake bites, you could use long bamboo skewers and do the same thing.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by cjs (I'm doing the desser...)
Epicurious online has an expensive but memorable crab meat cheesecake from New Orlean's Brennan's which will make the non-sugar crowd happy.
  Re: Re: Any Ideas for Cheesecake???? by ccree (Epicurious online ha...)
CORRECTION

This recipe is from the Palace Cafe.
55 years in the kitchen