Sunday Dinner - 5/30??
  Re: (...)
Well, this one is easy, we're having a repeat of last night's dinner...nuf said. Except, I'm doing my plantains from a cookbook, Cook, Eat, Cha Cha Cha, that we really like. Fried over black beans.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by cjs (Well, this one is ea...)
Well, the cookout is up in the air...it's today. I had planned pizzas for today and your review dinner for tomorrow. William is INSISTING on the pizzas, so..... I know, maybe we could go over after the pizzas and socialize. I WAS going to go against his wishes with the ice cream, what with a captive audience just next door, but the turkey took the machine to the farm!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, the cookout is...)
We have venison steak marinating for shish-ka-bobs on the grill later. Haven't decided on the salad yet, but am thinking about snap peas. Fruit bars for dessert. Trying to keep it on the light side, vacation is coming up in 2 weeks.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by Mare749 (We have venison stea...)
geez, where are you off to this time, Maryann??? We are working in a week away for Father's day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by cjs (geez, where are you ...)
Oh I need to try venison steaks too
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by cjs (geez, where are you ...)
Quote:

geez, where are you off to this time, Maryann??? We are working in a week away for Father's day.

Myrtle Beach. Family vacation with our girls and their hubbies and kids, and my inlaws.

And hopefully we will get together with Daphne and William again!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by cjs (Well, this one is ea...)
We wanted ribs, but had given up on it. So this morning we went into town to do the laundry (uck! ) and decided to go have breakfast at the little cafe first.

They had BBQ'd ribs, perfect baked potatoes, home made rolls, canned peas (2Xuck), and wonderful banana cream pie for dessert on special. We've had our ribs for the weekend now!

Dinner tonight will be a salad. I'm still stuffed.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by Harborwitch (We wanted ribs, but ...)
"And hopefully we will get together with Daphne and William again!" DANG RIGHT! I'll be starting my vacation soon after they arrive!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by Gourmet_Mom ("And hopefully we wi...)
That's right - fingers crossed!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 5/30?? by cjs (That's right - finge...)
It's been a busy weekend. We're going out for pizza!