Memorial Day 2010 - Menu?
  Re: (...)
Lots of us celebrated yesterday with our holiday menus, but we had leftovers..

Today we're having C@H Grill book's sausage-stuffed portobellos with spinach.

What are you all having?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by cjs (Lots of us celebrate...)
We had beautiful New Yorks planned - I broke a tooth and don't know if I can chew it. I'll have to rethink this meal.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by Harborwitch (We had beautiful New...)
Oh no, Sharon - I'm so sorry - but there's always room for Jello (shooters)

We have both eaten so much in the last few days I was thinking of tofu soup today!!!!!LOLOL. We had a Graduation dinner party for the grandgirl on Saturday evening for the family (and her new boyfriend). Mister smoked three racks of ribs and my daughter and I did the sides. Then yesterday our older grandson turned 10 and we went to his birthday party. Hamburgers, hot dogs, lots of kids, salads, lots of kids, etc. I did all of my Spring cleaning last week and cooked some of the sides (and froze them) for a big family dinner that we are having this coming Saturday evening so I am fooded out right now.

Mister just came in here and asked "what's for dinner?" He is thinking of kebob something - we'll see.

Special thanks to all who have served and are serving in the military and their families!!!
  Re: Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by (Oh no, Sharon - I'm ...)
"Special thanks to all who have served and are serving in the military and their families!!! "

hear, hear!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by cjs ("Special thanks to a...)
Pork Ribs with C@H mustard Barbecue sauce and Sweet baby rays honey barbecue sauce.

Corn on the cob, baked beans and onion gratin.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by esgunn (Pork Ribs with [url=...)
Ribs, corn, potatos, and salad.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by BarbaraS (Ribs, corn, potatos,...)
decided to add baked beans to the portobellos....smells so good in here!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by cjs (decided to add baked...)
I wanted to make corn on the cob, but the store was all out! Ridiculous!
After being away a couple of days, and dealing with a migraine this morning, I decided on grilled chicken breasts with snap peas. It is hot and I need simple. Have a new IPA to go with too......is it 5 o'clock yet??
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by chef_Tab (I wanted to make cor...)
Theresa, Theresa, Theresa...

It's 5 o'clock SOMEWHERE!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day 2010 - Menu? by BarbaraS (Theresa, Theresa, Th...)
"It's 5 o'clock SOMEWHERE!!" - my mantra also

Added to the dinner at the last minute - Blitz bread, haven't made it in over a year. Added feta and tomato powder to the batch, my goodness is it good (topped with rosemary and other goodies).

We had one hour of beautiful sun this whole weekend, so Roy Rogers ran in and made a batch of Vickie's Mermaid Martinis...dinner will be abbreviated, I'm sure.
www.achefsjourney.com