Sopapilla Cheesecake
  Re: (...)
I posted this in the cheesecake help thread and decided it will get lost in the midst of that thread. This recipe is so good and would be a perfect dessert with kids around.

"I played with this yesterday - won't use it for the winery 'do' but - is this ever delicious! This recipe is from a forum discussion a few years ago and I'd never tried it until yesterday.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe

2 cans crescent rolls
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese --
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup margarine or butter -- melted
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar mix {1cup sugar & 2 Tbls cinnamon}

Unroll crescent rolls to cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan and flatten.

Mix the cream chese, sugar and extract together until well blended.

Spread over the crescent evenly. Unroll and lay the other can of crescents over the top of cream cheese.

Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

------
Misc. Reviewer Notes:
1. I tried this out a couple of weeks ago with the cinnamon/sugar mixture and also one with cocoa powder mixed with sugar. Both came out so very good!!!

2. Making it in a 9x13 pan is the true miracle. I am not that wild about pulling out the springform pan every chance I get.

It would be very easy to cut this recipe down and make 1/3 the amount for a party of one or two with a little extra. I have a biscuit pan that is about 7x11 and it would work.

3. This recipe is the best ever. I made it in the smaller pan and used 2/3 of the ingredients. It baked very nicely for 20 minutes. The topping (cinn/sugar) is the best and adds a little crunch. It is one of the best cheesecakes that I have ever made!
---

Here's what I made -
Just cover the bottom layer of crescent rolls with this finger-lickin' batter
[Image: Sopapillacheesecakebatter.jpg]

and then pour all that butter over the top 'crust' of crescent rolls -
[Image: Sopapillacheesecake2.jpg]

and then it bakes into a great crusty goodness -
[Image: SopapillaCheesecakedone.jpg]

yummy!"

I wish I'd tried this before the birthday party - it would have been perfect for a crowd.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sopapilla Cheesecake by cjs (I posted this in the...)
Oh my, that does sound good! And easy too. Must make this soon. Thanks for posting, Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sopapilla Cheesecake by Mare749 (Oh my, that does sou...)
Maryann, why are you thanking her for this? It looks pure evil to me. The title alone is bad enough, but then the photos make this impossible to resist. Bad girl, Jean! Very bad girl.
I am adding these ingredients to my shopping list. Darn it.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Sopapilla Cheesecake by chef_Tab (Maryann, why are you...)
Oh, I wish I had had that recipe earlier - that's a whole lot easier than a red velvet cake and it looks yummy!!!
Oh my.....

Might have to try that his summer at the folks' house.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Sopapilla Cheesecake by cjs (I posted this in the...)
I wish I'd seen this before we went to town. Shoot. It looks so good, and knowing that it can be cut down is great. Thank you for sharing this.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sopapilla Cheesecake by Harborwitch (I wish I'd seen this...)
That looks and sounds delicious! It's going into the files for quick and easy this summer. Thanks for posting!
  Re: Re: Sopapilla Cheesecake by karyn (That looks and sound...)
And, it's finally gone from our refrigerator.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Quote:

Maryann, why are you thanking her for this? It looks pure evil to me. The title alone is bad enough, but then the photos make this impossible to resist. Bad girl, Jean! Very bad girl.
I am adding these ingredients to my shopping list. Darn it.

We love our desserts! Now, if only we could practice moderation...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sopapilla Cheesecake by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"Moderation" Uh, isn't Jean a "moderator"? Isn't she supposed to keep us in line????? Can she get away with continually posting these decadent desserts???

Of course she can! I'm wondering if the general store in town has crescent rolls. I think this would be great with the huge beautiful strawberries I got today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!