Rotisserie Stuff
  Re: (...)
I mentioned we've been on a rotisserie kick lately, it's so convenient!
So far we've done whole chickens, brining over nite first.
Now, I am wondering what you all have done. Pork?? Beef??
Hope this leads to a discussion and gives me more ideas
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Rotisserie Stuff by farnfam (I mentioned we've be...)
Didn't The Byrds sing a song about rotisseries? "To everything, turn, turn, turn..."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Rotisserie Stuff by labradors (Didn't The Byrds sin...)
Cis, years ago, I used to do a lot of rotisserie type grilling - remember quite often doing duck and oh my it was so good.

But, over the years our grills have not had that attachment, so have gotten away from it. The last rotisserie I remember doing were the ~100 lb. pigs we did for our annual Pig BBQ and this was our annual sauce we used:

* Exported from MasterCook *

HONEY BBQ SAUCE FOR BBQ PIGS AND HOT DOGS

1 envelope Dry Onion mix
3/4 cup Ketchup
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic -- minced

In a 1 qt. saucepan combine all ingredients. Over high heat, heat to boiling, reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Description:
"This is the sauce we used for over twenty years on our pig and hot dogs at our annual Pig BBQ - it's a wonderful sauce for just about anything you want to grill."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I used to make gallons of it.

hmmmm, you just may start something here. Anxious to read other ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rotisserie Stuff by labradors (Didn't The Byrds sin...)
Be careful Rob, Cis may rotisse you next.

I have only done chickens myself, Cis, but will be interested in hearing what others come up with. Sadly, I left our big grill with rotisserie in Missouri because some baby birds had just hatched and I couldn't bear to destroy them. The new homeowner got a bonus gift.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Rotisserie Stuff by cjs (Cis, years ago, I us...)
Mmm, looks like a good start. Btw, the rotisserie is not on my grill, it's in the countertop oven I bought last year, which I love!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Rotisserie Stuff by cjs (Cis, years ago, I us...)
Gee I got all excited for a moment -rotisserie, duck, yum. Oh cr@p! Forgot the BBQ with the rotisserie is back in CA.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Rotisserie Stuff by Harborwitch (Gee I got all excite...)
After the brine, I coated these last two chix with Sweet Baby Ray's (which thanks alot Theresa, now I'm addicted)
So today for the salad with leftover chix, I added some canned pineapple chunks, mixed a little juice with some SBR's and wow a great dressing.
Now that Theresa has ruined me, I'll have to try it on pork and everything else
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Rotisserie Stuff by farnfam (After the brine, I c...)
ohhhh, Cis, and a little feta cheese sprinkled over the top, wow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rotisserie Stuff by cjs (ohhhh, Cis, and a li...)
Jean, your mention of feta reminded me. While eating the Chicken BLT Pizza Sunday, I wondered how it would be with feta crumbled over.

As for the rotisserie, I haven't done that since we got the new grill. Our old one with the rotisserie died. We only tried it with chicken when we had it, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Rotisserie Stuff by chef_Tab (Be careful Rob, Cis ...)
We rotisse game hens stuffed with slices of lemon, lime and orange sections. Throw in a little rosemary and garlic slices and it's heaven!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.