What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

After reading the ciabatta three ways, I think I'm going to make a pan bagnat with the rest of my Blitz bread. easy, easy and a salad of something.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Oh my, I missed something here. What is Blitz bread???

On the menu tonight is what we were supposed to have last night and didn't. I had to go to a funeral and Ron went to Holly's to help fix something so he ate at her house. I went out for dinner with a friend after the wake.

So, tonight I'll be making melty sandwiches (maple glazed ham and cheese) on Lorraine's 18 hour focaccia bread with sun-dried tomatoes, and a ceasar salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by Mare749 (Oh my, I missed some...)
My favorite ol standby.......spinach fettucine with greek salsa and grilled chicken. I cannot wait for dinner. Although the leftover kabobs for lunch are a treat as well.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by chef_Tab (My favorite ol stand...)
I'm using whole wheat tortillas filled with ham with dijon and monteray jack cheese in my quesadilla maker.
55 years in the kitchen
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by ccree (I'm using whole whea...)
We are having that chicken piccata with asparagus. It's from the "teaser" issue, the first one I got, with no date etc. The asparagus is just picked from a local farm.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by farnfam (We are having that c...)
I have an easy dinner planned...stromboli and salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by karyn (I have an easy dinne...)
My Himalayan Salt Block just arrived....scallops and beef ...i think will be cooked today on my new toy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by piano226 (My Himalayan Salt Bl...)
Oh my what a lot of fun at everyone's house!!

Maryann, Blitz bread was a while back - and I love it, just looked at the thread and you commented on it.....

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...rt=all&vc=1

This was another "Cis Find" -that girl can find the greatest things to try!! It's just wonderful.

Oh Marina, you have to come back on tomorrow and let us know how you like it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by cjs (Oh my what a lot of ...)
I agree, Marina! We've GOT to hear about your results!

It's stormy here...the result of hot weather. Maryann, I hope the weather is a little more stable when you get here....and not quite as hot. It's supposed to be in the 90's for the next several days. Although, with breezes coming off the ocean, it may not be so bad.

Since it's so stormy, I'm making comfort food: salisbury steak, mashers, and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, June 2?? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree, Marina! We...)
We're having Cuban sandwiches out of one of the Grilling Books. It uses chicken instead of pork.