Strawberries and WHAT?????
  Re: (...)
One of my regular online-Scrabble opponents knows I like to cook, and frequently sends me recipes. A number of them were from the website of the Indy Star newspaper, so I subscribed to its RSS feed to cut down on the amount of email. Today, the feed had an article about some unusual uses for strawberries, including "Spaghetti with Strawberries, Tomatoes and Balsamic," "Strawberry and Black Pepper Scones" and "Strawberry Mango Salsa."

HERE is the link. It sounds interesting!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Strawberries and WHAT????? by labradors (One of my regular on...)
While I was in school, I made a dessert with Strawberries, Balsamic and black pepper that we all really liked.

Another off-the-wall temptation...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Strawberries and WHAT????? by cjs (While I was in schoo...)
Oh that is one of our favorite flavor combinations! I have strawberries. We like it as a salad, dessert, or just to eat anytime.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Strawberries and WHAT????? by Harborwitch (Oh that is one of ou...)
The scones and salsa sound really good, but I'm not so sure about the spaghetti. Thanks for the recipes. I may have to give that salsa a try for sure...and the scones if I can get to it before the weather gets so hot I can't bear to add more heat to the kitchen.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.