Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd??
  Re: (...)
I'm making cheesecakes today for tomorrow's dessert do at the winery, so an easy dinner for us.

Roy brought home MORE ribs - I'm beginning to feel like Daphne and William about them!!! So, I just cut of a couple hunks while pkging them up for the freezer and braised them yesterday. Have with some baked beans and the last of the Blitz bread. Oh, that means I can now play with the Ciabatta three ways Cis? Vicci? someone?( ) was talking about earlier this week.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by cjs (I'm making cheesecak...)
I am thinking of doing chickpea burgers with a feta yogurt sauce, a cucumber salad, and some onion flatbread with hummus. It's a new recipe, and I'm really looking forward to trying it.

I was going to try Lab's flatbread recipe but have to use up what I have on hand. (I did have some whole wheat pita bread - but Opie the Pom has figured out how to get anything within 4" of the edge of the counter - he ate half of them - meaning half of each piece! )
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by Harborwitch (I am thinking of doi...)
Would be interested in hearing how those chickpea burgers turn out, Sharon. Sounds good. Are they meatless "chickpea burgers," or are they "meat burgers" that happen to include chickpeas?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by labradors (Would be interested ...)
They are meatless. I'll post the recipe after I get my scanner (wireless) re-connected. Hmmmmmm didn't need another project today! Oh well. Back to techi land for a bit this afternoon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by Harborwitch (They are meatless. ...)
Oooops, that's another bread that was on the list...decisions, decisions, decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by Harborwitch (They are meatless. ...)
Thanks. Looking forward to it. Don't hurry with the scanner: I don't have to have this TODAY. Maybe just wait until you have actually tried them. Then, if they are worth it, you could include the recipe in the review.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by labradors (Thanks. Looking for...)
I'm making Korean Tuna Steaks with the spinach & udon side - cooking from the Grilling book this week in celebration of the start of summer.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making Korean Tu...)
Sounds like I need to get that Grilling book!

Dinner tonight will have to be light and quick.
We have to leave by 6:30 for my niece's 8th grade graduation. She is her class valedictorian (sp?) and was asked to make a speech. So, the family needs front row seats.

HC got me thinking about fish, so maybe baked cod tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by cjs (I'm making cheesecak...)
Leftovers from Memorial Day: Ribs, beans, and corn. Might throw in a baked potato.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner - June 3rd?? by esgunn (Leftovers from Memor...)
A pretty little ribeye, some sourdough I made, maybe a radish, tomato and basil salad. And I made CI's ultimate chocolate cupcakes, with a chocolate ganache filling and frosting. Not that I'll be eatting any (don't have much of a sweet tooth) but they'll be here for the one who's missing out on the ribeye!!

PJ
PJ