Summer Cookbooks - all new to me!
  Re: (...)
To Market, To Market: 10 Top Summer Cookbooks

I don't have any of these!
  Re: Summer Cookbooks - all new to me! by HomeCulinarian ( [url=http://www.npr...)
LOL! Look familiar Jean?

Thanks for sharing, Jeanette. You're a bad influence, just like the rest of this crowd...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Summer Cookbooks - all new to me! by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Look familiar ...)
Do I really want to look at this?????? I'm sure I'm going to get in trouble.

Oh for crying out loud!!! "And needless to say, there are books organized by ingredient — just as I wished for once upon a time. We could have used these books years ago, but now that we have them it's dang near impossible to choose. Still, I'm going to try:"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why am I always a day late and a $ short?

Jeanette, these all sound so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Summer Cookbooks - all new to me! by cjs (Do I really want to ...)
Oh stop it! I'm going to have to have a trailer just for my cookbooks! I cannot buy any more cookbooks . . . Is there a "Cookbook Buyers' Annon."??? I'm going to have to find a local chapter (pardon the pun) so I can deal with my addiction.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Summer Cookbooks - all new to me! by Harborwitch (Oh stop it! I'm goi...)
I have at least five cookbook I've not even perused at all. Not even the table of contents! The CI forum has a thread called Cookbook Challenge that I and other folks have found helpful to encourage us to try some recipes from unused cookbooks. Basically, you list those you have not used and/or not used in a long time, and then post when you make a recipe from one of them with a review. It is helpful for folks before they buy the book and it feels great to knock each off the list. Of course since many of us are cookbookaholics we buy two for each we try (I am way over the 250 mark myself). More Fast Food My Way by Pépin arrived Friday and is sitting next to me saying "please open me". On my new list (not that I finished the last one) are that one, How to Cook Everything, 10th Anniversary Ed. by Bittman, Fish Without a Doubt by Mooney (now on Top Chef Masters), KAF Whole Grain Baking and The Best Casserole Book Ever by Ojakangas. Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, I am sure I will be pleasantly surprised when I go and look (that does not count the 1500 to be tried recipes in the Alluring recipes section of my Living Cookbook lol. Now, don't you all feel better?
  Re: Re: Summer Cookbooks - all new to me! by Cubangirl (I have at least five...)
No, because I'm in the same boat, or maybe larger boat than you're in, CG!!

Besides the five books I bought in Feb. in Hawaii (I've made maybe two out of all of them)

The World's Best Catfish Cookbook
Summer Pasta/Winter Pasta
Bread Alone
Goat cheese
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (why did I buy this one????)
A16
Balsamico
Think Like a Chef
(I forgot this B'day present) The New Alaska Cookbook

geez, not done anything with any of them.

I would love to get back to what I did a couple of years ago, it really helped. I chose a book that I'd not cooked out of yet and kept it on the counter for a month and made recipes from it. I did it with a Nigella Lawson, Tyler Florence, Jacques Pepin, and a couple others and it was wonderful!! I got away from it for some reason.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com