What a Great Idea!!
  Re: (...)
darn, wish we had a Wegman's out here -

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/arti...gD9G3SKN00
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What a Great Idea!! by cjs (darn, wish we had a ...)
Wow! That is really a great idea.

One of the grocery stores in Jamestown has "riblet" sandwiches with a pop for $1.50 - not even close
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What a Great Idea!! by Harborwitch (Wow! That is really...)
They really are beautiful stores. We don't have them here, but I used to stop in one all the time when I had to go to NY for meetings. We could always find a "snack" for the ride home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What a Great Idea!! by Mare749 (They really are beau...)
Wegmans is my favorite, but ours doesn't have the fancy pub. I do grab lunch there often though and you can sit and eat it there and buy beer and drink it. They have several different stations of foods. My favorite is the slow roasted beef sandwich that they serve on a weck that they dip into the au jus first.....oh my, add that horseradish sauce and it's nirvana.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What a Great Idea!! by chef_Tab (Wegmans is my favori...)
We have a Wegman's about 1 1/4 hrs away on the way to Baltimore, and we love it. Their cheese and bread selection is great. I was really disappointed, though, in their selection of dried pasta.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What a Great Idea!! by Lorraine (We have a Wegman's a...)
I don't have one around here either. Oh well...I can dream.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What a Great Idea!! by Gourmet_Mom (I don't have one aro...)
The only Wegmans I've ever seen are photographs of Weimaraners.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What a Great Idea!! by labradors (The only Wegmans I'v...)
Yeah, I'm loving the Wegman's we have here in Mt Laurel, NJ. It just got a liquor license, but what I love the most is, I can get USDA Prime Beef Tenderloin and the counter people know how to cut filets to order!! When I ask for a 6-7 oz cut, that's what I get!

(As opposed to a .6-.7 weight on the scale at some other market I won't mention, but still shop at)

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What a Great Idea!! by BarbaraS (Yeah, I'm loving the...)
No Wegman's here ... or anything remotely close! My oldest works in the prepared foods section of the WF in Ft. Collins. She's told me how that area of the business has increased significantly. They even have tables and chairs now. I don't think they serve alcohol, tho.
  Re: Re: What a Great Idea!! by HomeCulinarian (No Wegman's here ......)
Wegman's also has prepared take out/eat in foods, but hands down, Whole Foods ROCKS in that department at the one nearest me!! Just totally awesome and the whole range, from vegan to meat eater's delight!Smile

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.