website
  Re: (...)
For such a great magazine I still can't believe that there is no website yet.

I've been a long time subscriber and I also give out 5 gift subscriptions each Christmas. Honestly, I find myself using the magazine less and less since there is no way to orgazine my favorite recipes without a significant amount of work. I still don't understand why they took the old website down...it was really a good website.
  Re: website by mike1220 (For such a great mag...)
I'm confused..their website is still up and hasn't changed that I can see.

Are you referring to the test site Cuisinemembersplus page?
  Re: Re: website by DFen911 (I'm confused..their ...)
Sorry....... I was referring to a general recipe database for all the Cuisine at Home issues like the old Members Plus page.

I was just getting to the point of organizing all my favorite recipes (Cuisine at Home, Cook's Illustrated, Food and Wine, cooking classes etc) into a master file when the website was taken offline.

I check the forum's every 4 to 6 months to see if there is any news.

Now I'm off to make the Summer Stuffed Chicke Breasts from August 2003
  Re: Re: website by mike1220 (Sorry....... I was r...)
I guess Brian better see this one.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: website by cjs (I guess Brian better...)
The removal of the old members plus website was a business decision made by the Owner of the company. We certainly understand that a tool like that would be useful and also understand that the lack of such a tool could frustrate some people.

That said, there really isn't much more to be said on the topic that hasn't already been said. I don't mean to be short about it, but it is what it is. There had be talk of resurrecting the project (or doing something similar), but it simply hasn't materialized. August Home Publishing is a small company with limited resources. Ultimately, as a business, we have to focus on areas that provide the most value to us and our customers. Right now, a public recipe database just isn't a part of that plan....I wish it were, but it simply isn't.

If anything changes, you all will be the first to know. I don't mean to be short, but that's really all that can be said about it at this point.
  Re: Re: website by Brian (The removal of the o...)
Well, I guess that dashes all hopes for now. Soooo, I guess we'll all have to rely on helping each other, even if it means typing something in "long hand". I'm willing to do my part, especially this summer.

And there's a huge cache of recipes already posted on this forum, that can be found with a search. I know I copied about 100 when I first came on...and Lord knows how many have been added since I've joined!

It's a shame, though. By posting them here, they are free to non-subscribing forum members, whereas, the members plus sight was for subscribing members, wasn't it?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: website by Brian (The removal of the o...)
Thank you for responding.
  Re: Re: website by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I guess that d...)
members plus -- I think it was just a beta version that was avaible to select subscribers. They never got to the point of charging a subscription fee for online access.

Minus a few quirks, it was an excellent website that was easy to navigate. It was lot nicer and easier to use than Cook's Illustrated's website.

Thanks for the info about all the recipes in the forum.
  Re: Re: website by mike1220 (members plus -- I th...)
There is still that Cuisine Index, it's helpful. Sorry Mike, I hope it helps a bit

(removed for poster's safety)
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: website by farnfam (There is still that ...)
For anyone interested, I have 204 recipes in my MasterCook "Cuisine at Home" cookbook....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com