Apricot Pineapple Cobbler
  Re: (...)
I love this combination but haven't been able to find a recipe with a thick enough filling, so had to play with it and I do like the consistency of this one.

Apricot Pineapple Cobbler
a Chef's Journey Recipe

4 cups dried apricots(20 oz.)
4 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
20-22 oz. crushed pineapple
4 T. cornstarch
Dash of salt
8 T. butter
Pastry for single pie crust
1 T. granulated sugar to sprinkle on crust

With a knife or scissors, cut each apricot into quarters. Put them in a saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over medium-low heat 10 minutes. Add the sugar and cook 5 more minutes, covered. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the liquid. Set the liquid and the apricots aside.

Drain the pineapple into a saucepan, reserving the juice; add the pineapple to the apricots.

Add the cornstarch to the reserved pineapple juice, whisking to combine. Add the liquid reserved from the apricots and a dash of salt; cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.

Add the pineapple and apricots to the thickened juice mixture and combine thoroughly. Pour into a buttered 2 qt. baking dish. Dot with the butter.

Roll out the pastry to fit over the top of the cobbler, crimp the edges, pierce with a fork and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 375°F. for 35 minutes or cobbler is bubbly and the crust is browned.

This is the one I did for the party - it was larger than I made today (and the recipe)
[Image: ApricotPappleCobbler.jpg]

A little chocolate ice cream (or frozen yogurt) and I'm in heaven!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Apricot Pineapple Cobbler by cjs (I love this combinat...)
Oh my, but does that look wonderful!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.