Need your help and guidance :
  Re: (...)
Would you use the same salt, sugar, water ratio to make a brine for a small pork tenderloin? For the chickens (which are bigger) I've been using 1/4C salt 1/4C sugar and 3-4C water.
Also, seriously, I just stick the rotisserie thingy in the pork loin and let it go for how long? The loin is about
1 1/2 lbs OR should I do a rub and not soak it overnite instead?? Someone walk me thru this please
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Need your help and guidance : by farnfam (Would you use the sa...)
Is it a loin or a tenderloin? CI says to brine a tenderloin with a mixture of:

1 1/2 T table salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups hot water (to dissolve salt and sugar)
2 cups cold water (to cool brine)
2 tenderloins (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds total weight)

After the brine is at room temp, they have you put it into the refrigerator for only an hour, then rinse it, dry it, and use a rub of your choice or just season with s&p and grill.

This is the way I've been brining tenderloin for a while. Your proportions shouldn't make too much difference, though you might consider upping the sugar and reducing the salt a bit. I'd be concerned that the meat might change texture and become rubbery with an overnight brine, however.

I hope this helps!
  Re: Re: Need your help and guidance : by karyn (Is it a loin or a te...)
Cis, if this is tenderloin, it's going to cook really fast. Karyn's brine sounds about right. Here's Jean's...I have it listed for chicken or pork:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Basic Brine

Recipe By :Jean
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sides and Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup kosher salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 quart water

Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.

Use with pork or chicken.

Yield:
"1 quart"

AS for cooking, I have never done this cut on the rotisserie, so I'm no help there. All I can say for that is....keep you instant read handy. These little jokers cook fast!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Need your help and guidance : by farnfam (Would you use the sa...)
I've never brined a tenderloin, I always do a marinade (mint, shallots, garlic, rosemary, etc.) for as long as 2 1/2 days, and have never used a rotisserie for it, so not help there. I usually sear quickly on all side, stick the pan in the oven for 20 minutes and rest for 10. I think tenderloin can be pretty bland and it can get dry really easy if overcooked which imho is easy to do. I'll be looking forward to hearing how it comes out.
  Re: Re: Need your help and guidance : by Cubangirl (I've never brined a ...)
I brine everything but beef. The amount of salt CI's calls for seems like too small amount for a brine, but.....

Anxious to hear how it turns out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com