T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th?
  Re: (...)
So many out of town this weekend - what are we eating??

If Tracie is up to it, someone gave her a certificate for dinner for 4 at Outback for Christmas and she has been saving it to take us, but if she's still under the weather, we'll stay away from her and eat in the trailer.....poor baby.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by cjs (So many out of town ...)
I have absolutely no idea. Our travel plans are now in the air. If we leave today, William wanted to go to Applebee's. But if we don't leave until tomorrow morning, I'll have to come up with something.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by Gourmet_Mom (I have absolutely no...)
I am going to try the Clambake on the Grill from one of the grilling cookbooks. I may use Old Bay instead of the suggested seasonings though. Sounds so good everything steamed in beer.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by chef_Tab (I am going to try th...)
Oh, Theresa! I want to eat at your house!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Theresa! I want...)
Daphne, you are always welcome!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by chef_Tab (Daphne, you are alwa...)
Well, we are in Boone and had a wonderful meal at Applebee's. They've really improved their menu since the last time I was there. We got the sampler appy platter...the boneless buffalo wings and quesadillas were wonderful...as was the spinach artichoke dip. William got a reuben which he moaned over the whole time and I got a 9 oz. sirlion topped with Italian cheeses served over a bed of roastedpeppers and onions with a side of smashed red potatoes. It came served on a sizzling black iron skillet....YUM! Oh and a couple of double vodka martinis and vodka tonics were also consummed!

Cricket had plenty of leftovers for her dinner. She likes travelling! The food is good and there's no clean up after! I think she's already asleep...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, we are in Boon...)
I love that reuben, too, Daphne! I always get that when I go there. Nothing for supper here tonight. I've been working at the Dairy Bar and then working for orientation, hand scanning the freshmen into the system. So I haven't had as much time off as I had hoped, so less time to play in the kitchen.

Maybe this weekend I'll cook.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, we are in Boon...)
I won't say anything about our last experience at an Applebees. Won't go back for a while.

I found spaghetti sauce in the freezer. Sadly found frozen romaine in the fridge. Oh well dinner was simple and good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Tracie was up for it, so we went to Outback - we all had steaks and since I so seldom will order a steak at a restaurant, I was heppy to see this cook knew how to cook a steak. It was perfect.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 18th? by cjs (Tracie was up for it...)
I'm glad Tracie is better!
Daphne