Wednesday Dinner - 6/23
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

I have 2 Cubano-style (is that what they were called?) burgers in the freezer and a couple buns, so guess we'll do those. Maybe some corn on the cob.

Need to make some pizza dough to take to Yakima for a Sunday brunch....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
oh dear, I bought hot dogs and New England style buns because I had that hankering again, but now the mere mention of pizza dough has me wanting grilled pizza again. It might be grilled pizza with fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by chef_Tab (oh dear, I bought ho...)
"grilled pizza with fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella." - one of my favorites!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by cjs ("grilled pizza with ...)
I have chicken breasts that marinated overnight to go on the grill, romaine salad, and Macaroni Grill bread that just came out of the oven. Fresh cherries for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by Mare749 (I have chicken breas...)
got a hankering for ribs, so I have a small portion in the crockpot - from C@H slow cooker book. love these little guys.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by cjs (got a hankering for ...)
I have no idea. William is having a kidney stone attack, so it may just be sandwiches. He's got meds, but the doc at the ER said it was high up and could take a while to pass. He's referred him to a urologist. I'm having a great day, doncha know!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea. Wil...)
Daphne, I'm so sorry for William! I hope things get resolved quickly.

We're having grilled chicken sandwiches. I think I'll add a fruit salad, too.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by karyn (Daphne, I'm so sorry...)
Oh, poor William...does wine help?????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by cjs (Oh, poor William...d...)
I hope William feels better soon for both your sakes! Just out of curiousity...does he drink a lot of orange juice?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 6/23 by chef_Tab (I hope William feels...)
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone!

No, he doesn't drink a lot of OJ. Maryann reminded me about getting him some Cranberry Juice. It's supposed to help, I think...I KNOW it helps with kidney infections...won't hurt, that's for sure.

"Oh, poor William...does wine help????? " I don't know, but it's gonna help me. Wine for the whine...yup. Just what the doctor ordered.

It is just soooo hot, 95 (realfeel over 100) and the low tonight MIGHT get down to 78. Our little local grocery store makes the best fried chicken, so I'm going stick some peaches in to chill, pick up some chicken to go with the salad and corn on the cob left over from last night and call it dinner. And not forget his CJ...I've already got the Zin! Now to "sike" myself into going back out into the heat again! It actually takes your breath away. No lie, even the ducks are seeking shade. At around noon, they were under the pier. Now, with the sun to the west, they've followed the shadow of the pier to the east. Now THAT'S HOT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.