OT- buying flowers
  Re: (...)
I usually buy flowers from a florist when I'm ordering for a funeral, and occasionally I will pick up a mixed bouquet at a grocery store, but I don't know where to go in this case.

I've figured out a centerpiece for MIL's birthday dinner that consists mainly of pink and white roses (her favorite). I don't need long-stemmed ones since they will be in a rose-bowl, and I also need some rose buds on short stems. Is this something I can get at a florist, or is there some other (less expensive) option that I don't know about. I don't know if the grocery stores just get what is ordered for them, or if they could order something specific.

I wish I had, or knew someone who had, a rose garden! Maybe I should take a drive around...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: OT- buying flowers by foodfiend (I usually buy flower...)
You should be able to get them at the florist. I have gotten roses and other flowers at Walmart before. I know I've seen bunches of white ones, but I'm not sure about the pink. You'll have to check. As for the rosebuds, I'm afraid you'll have to get those from the florist...unless you luck up on your neighborhood drive by...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT- buying flowers by Gourmet_Mom (You should be able t...)
I have had good luck with Sams Club and Costco for roses. Although for my daughters wedding, I found a wholesale florist in town and the prices were so reasonable plus the flowers were fresher. I had to place my order ahead of time. As I remember, I googled wholesale florist in my town. The owner was extremely helpful with suggestions too, I am an person when it comes to flowers.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: OT- buying flowers by chef_Tab (I have had good luck...)
"I am an person when it comes to flowers." Me, too. I forgot about Sam's and Costco. If you don't find the wholesaler, I think one of those would be your best bet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT- buying flowers by Gourmet_Mom (You should be able t...)
Serve them to your SIL's daughter.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT- buying flowers by labradors (Serve them to your S...)
Quote:

Serve them to your SIL's daughter.

Rob, you make me laugh at least once a day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT- buying flowers by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT- buying flowers by labradors ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Labs, SIL's daughter would probably find a reason why she cannot eat rose petals, either!

I never thought of WalMart or Sam's! And I have seen flowers there before, it just never "registered". There was also a flyer in the mail today that the local grocery store is featuring roses for $9/ 10 stems because "June is National Rose Month". How very fortuitous! I'm thinking that I'll look at these places during my mega-shopping trip on Monday and then have DH pick them up on Wednesday so they are fresh for Friday. I've decided that I can redo the arrangement a little if I can't find rosebuds, and although the rest of the color theme for the dinner is pink and white, it won't be too bad to get some other colors in there.

Too bad I have no roses planted in any of my flower beds, but that is one flower that I have had absolutely zero luck with growing (black thumb!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com