For the Turkey:
4 portions boneless turkey breasts
1 - 2 Peter's Italian Blend
3 eggs beaten with 2 T. water or milk
4-6 T. olive oil for frying
1-2 T season salt to taste
1/2 c. flour
1 cup peters cashew crust mix.

Season both sides of turkey with salt and peters Italian blend. Place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently to 1/4 think. Now dredge in flour, dip in beaten egg and then Peter's cashew crust mix. Fry to crispy brown o both sides and serve with Peter's Sun- Dried Tomato Pesto.
* This recipe works equally well with boneless chicken beasts, boneless pork sirloin or fillets of any kind.

Peter's Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

1 qt. strong broth
1/4 cup chopped garlic to taste
1 .lb sun dried tomatoes cup into strips
1 T. Peter's Italian blend
1 C. Sliced onions

Combine broth, Italian blend, garlic and onion and bring to boil. Toss in sun dried tomatoes, stir and remove from heat. Let sit until cool and broth is absorbed.

1/2 c. Toasted pine nuts
1 Tsp Salt to taste
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1 - 2 C. Olive Oil
2 T. minced garlic
1 T black pepper to taste
2 C. Cooled cooked sun dried tomatoes
Pulse pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor to fine mince, add prepared sun dried tomatoes. Turn on processor and slowly dribble in olive oil to desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and serve now or store in refrigerator. Best served at room Temperature.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: A Recipe for Cashew Crust Turkey Breast by mjkcooking (Hi seeing Old Bay's ...)
This really sounds good--I will try it with chicken breasts--will report to the group--thanks marye!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A Recipe for Cashew Crust Turkey Breast by Old Bay (This really sounds g...)
Old Bay - I have copied your recipe for the sun dried pesto - as I love the stuff.

Thought this would be another way to use it. I have taken lots of classes
from Peter and he is a very good chef.

M.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: A Recipe for Cashew Crust Turkey Breast by mjkcooking (Old Bay - I have co...)
Oh my, does sound delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Recipe for Cashew Crust Turkey Breast by cjs (Oh my, does sound de...)
Sounds good, Marye. I love nut crusted anything. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Recipe for Cashew Crust Turkey Breast by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good, Marye. ...)
Sounds good, but what is "Peter's Italian Blend," and what would be an appropriate substitute for the commercial product? Just a typical mix of oregano, basil, thyme, etc.?

This same idea would probably be very interesting with macadamia nuts, too (with different spice, of course).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A Recipe for Cashew Crust Turkey Breast by labradors (Sounds good, but wha...)

Lab's

Any Italian Blend seasoning mix would do. as with the seasoning salt also.

M.

Hope you enjoy it.
  Re: Re: A Recipe for Cashew Crust Turkey Breast by mjkcooking ([br]Lab's [br][br]A...)
Sounds really good. Funny I was just thinking about cashews tonight. Silly huh?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura