Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today???
  Re: (...)
Not sure why I'm even asking, we're going down to the lake to fly our kites, so we'll probably stop in Asiatown tonight.
Just being nosey...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by Mare749 (Not sure why I'm eve...)
Are you trying out the new trick kite?

I'm doing Roasted Garlic Shrimp with Linguine and a side salad....simple, but yummy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by Gourmet_Mom (Are you trying out t...)
I am doing the Ultimate Steak Sandwich with Spinach, Cucumbers and Green Goddess Spread. Will let you know how it turns out.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by luvnit (I am doing the [b]Ul...)
William is anxious to try that one! That was his first pick. I'll be anxious to hear how it turns out.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by Gourmet_Mom (William is anxious t...)
Oh yeah, that was my hubby's first pick too.. He's so sweet so I figured I would oblige.
Laura
  Re: Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by luvnit (Oh yeah, that was my...)
OOOOOPS, didn't start one....

We're splitting a T-Bone and picked up asparagus to grill at Ellensburg Farmers mkt. Also, picked up Black Olive Garlic Bread Sticks to add. Watermelon for dessert.

Thanks for starting one, Maryann - I hate when we miss a day, I feel like I'm missing something.Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by cjs (OOOOOPS, didn't star...)
I totally forgot. I'm trying Bill and Jane's Gazpacho recipe. It's chillin'! I'm also trying an Heirloom Tomato Salad with Mozzarella and Basil (Sadly, no heirloom tomatoes around here, so just using regular.). That with the shrimp/linguine and MAYBE a little salad will be dinner! I can't wait. I'm going to roast the shrimp on the grill on a sheet pan. There's no way I'm heating up the kitchen...even for such a short time.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by Gourmet_Mom (I totally forgot. I'...)
Well, I made black bean fiesta salad for a picnic we went to. It was huge hit and got asked for the recipe from 3 people. It is funny, because the base is the same, but I probably never make it the same twice. I think I might note this time though. It was a good one.

Dinner I am make the Margherita pasta with grilled chicken that got medium reviews. We have a salad very similar, and similar to Labs summer salad that has sausage in it. It is not a 10 recipe, but a nice easy, light, summer pasta dinner. And the kids allways really enjoy it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by Gourmet_Mom (Are you trying out t...)
Quote:

Are you trying out the new trick kite?

I'm doing Roasted Garlic Shrimp with Linguine and a side salad....simple, but yummy!

No, Daphne, that one won't arrive until next Wednesday. It's being shipped from Colorado. But Ron did get to fly his stunt kite for a while and I got to fly my new "parrot."
Gorgeous day at the lake, not too hot and a nice breeze coming through.

We ended up having garlic shrimp, split a strip steak and had a nice mixed salad when we got home. And icy cold gin and tonics too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hey, isn't anyone cooking dinner today??? by Gourmet_Mom (William is anxious t...)
Okay, initial response Daphne is... this is really good. I would give it a 9 1/2 saving the 10 for THE BEST like Jean does. If all goes well I will have pics and everything for a review. This will follow shortly.
Laura