Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010
  Re: (...)
Anyone up to choosing another cookbook to work from for July??

I'm choosing two again -

Cuisine at Home Issue #16, July/Aug 1999
and
The Border Cookbook, by Cheryl & Bill Jamison (it's a James Beard Award winner!) Have barely looked through it, so this should be fun.

The Challenge - four recipe from each.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by cjs (Anyone up to choosin...)
I'm going to go with the C@H Grilling Book, again.

I'll have to wait on my other book. It's going to be a tough choice. I've got four new ones due in the mail next week....one's a sushi book!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to go with...)
Darn it, Daphne - I hate to keep changing my mind on books!!!! Sushi sounds so good. But, I'll be good and maybe choose it for August.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to go with...)
My book is called Quick & Easy Vietnamese Home Cooking for Everyone, by Andre Nguyen and Yukiko Moriyama. This is a fun book with pictures of every dish. Got this from the library, but now I'm going to order it from Amazon. I've found 10 recipes that I want to try!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by Mare749 (My book is called Qu...)
Oh my, I have a feeling there are a lot of books we all are going to be picking up......
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by cjs (Oh my, I have a feel...)
"Oh my, I have a feeling there are a lot of books we all are going to be picking up......" LOL....that would be the down side to this...or not!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by Gourmet_Mom ("Oh my, I have a fee...)
I'm going to be working with veggies from the garden this summer, so I'm planning to use Greene on Greens and Mayo Clinic Healthful Cooking books this month.
  Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by cjs (Anyone up to choosin...)
I'm not sure I can pick.

Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day
Pizza Pizza Pizza
These two to get me baking

And I just picked up these four magazine books in the last few days and all have some interesting tings:
Fine Cooking:
The Best6 of Fine Cooking Chicken
The Best of Fine Cooking Fresh Fall 2008
The Best of Fine Cooking Fresh 2009

And
C@H Light Fresh and Fabulous

So many choices I had better get cooking. Also want to revisit one or two of the C@H grilling books.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by esgunn (I'm not sure I can p...)
Erin, I haven't found the Light Fresh and Fabulous, yet. I was hoping they'd have it at Lowes yesterday, but they only had the Sandwiches and Salads, which I have, and a Menus that I either have or has a lot of repeats.

What do you think of it?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Recipe Book Challenge - July 2010 by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, I haven't foun...)
I just realized I never picked my July book. While I'm cooking from the C@H Grilling Book, I will also be cooking from my NEW Nigella Express.

I did a slow walk-through of the two books, marking things I liked. When I flipped back through, I realized I had picked a whole lot of desserts from both of them...quite unlike me. But the Nigella book had more summer dishes that interested me.
Daphne