Cleaning Old Files
  Re: (...)
Ran across this one that kids would love and I'm not so sure we olderies wouldn't love it also....

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BARS

1 tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough -- (18 oz.)
1 pkg. cream cheese -- (8 oz.) softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

Cut cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased, 8-inch square, baking pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth.

Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top.
Bake at 350F for 35 - 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.

---

I'm sure getting myself in trouble doing this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cleaning Old Files by cjs (Ran across this one ...)
"I'm sure getting myself in trouble doing this." ...and dragging the rest of us along with you...LOL! Boy do these sound good. Baby Girl is coming home for dinner tomorrow night, and I just so happen to have to go to the store tomorrow...
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cleaning Old Files by Gourmet_Mom ("I'm sure getting my...)
Oh good!!! You make them and let us know....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cleaning Old Files by cjs (Oh good!!! You make ...)
Hmmmmm - I hae an 8" square baking pan in the motorhome. I'll bet I can make these in the convection/micro. Yum!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cleaning Old Files by Harborwitch (Hmmmmm - I hae an 8"...)
Oh my, those sound really good. Might have to be making them for the weekend.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cleaning Old Files by Mare749 (Oh my, those sound r...)
This is the one, Maryann! You've got a better excuse than me...invite the grandkids over and make these! I've got the cookie dough on my grocery list for tomorrow!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Cleaning Old Files by Gourmet_Mom ("I'm sure getting my...)
Okay, cookie dough is on my list for tomorrow too...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Cleaning Old Files by luvnit (Okay, cookie dough i...)
Okay, confession time....I chickened out! I got the stuff, but sent it with Ashley to make...LOL! She will make this tomorrow before she leaves for the Official NC Fourth of July Festival at Southport tomorrow. She's finally going at a time she has a whole weekend off and a friend that has her own house. They have parties/cookouts planned all weekend with Slip and Slides and water fights planned. She's so excited! She has promised a review, so I'll post it next week.

On a bummer note...she will miss the parade and fireworks. There are LOTS of activities/beach party/arts/crafts/food, including a street dance, for the next 5 days, but the parade and fireworks are the BEST part of it all. With Fourth of July falling on Sunday, the Fourth of July Festival Committee decided to do the parade and fireworks on Monday. She has to be at work by 3 to after midnight....POOH!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Cleaning Old Files by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, confession tim...)
I went to the store today and completely forgot to buy the stuff to make them! So, I'll have to depend on someone else to let us know if we "absolutely have to make this recipe."
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cleaning Old Files by Mare749 (I went to the store ...)
Ashley is on the case! She swore that as soon as the crowd at the "Fourth of July Party Place" found out she had the ingredients and what it involved, they'd be ALL over it! This is a BIG cooking group! They're not eating on the street or local restaurants, they're having a grill-off challenge!

Will keep you all posted.
Daphne