Happy Weekend, Everyone!
  Re: (...)
These are the last few minutes of peace that I will have for a few days, so I wanted to wish everyone (in the States) a wonderful 4th weekend (whatever is on the schedule!) and a great weekend for those others. Labs, do you celebrate even though you're not in the country?

A hectic day ahead with the dinner tonight, then tomorrow we're heading to my parents' as soon as we can so I can help Mom cook for a big reunion on Sunday (she has been very sick all week, but is fortunately getting better every day). Then I can catch my breath!

Have a safe and fun, weekend, all!

PS- And I cannot thank you all enough for the help and advice as I got this birthday dinner planned and prepared.
  Re: Happy Weekend, Everyone! by foodfiend (These are the last f...)
Remember to breathe and enjoy your present to you m-i-l today, Vicci AND then enjoy your day having fun with you mom. AND, remember to thank your lucky stars you still have both of them with you. I'm envying you this weekend.

Still have not decided what to make for Sunday - I did find an interesting Roasted Idaho Potato Bacon Salad (another one on my calendar page for July) with a Balsamic vinaigrette. Also, I think Ribs for sure ('think' & 'for sure' in the same sentence??? ) and maybe the chocolate chip/cream cheese cookie thing...... watermelon!

Eveyone's elses menu in place? have a great weekend all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Weekend, Everyone! by cjs (Remember to breathe ...)
Vicci, I hope you have time to enjoy yourself this weekend. It sounds like a busy time ahead.

Thanks a lot, Jean, now I've got ribs on the brain...and I just so happen to have a rack in the freezer. ALTHOUGH, I'm determined to make the new beer can chicken recipe from that F&W cookbook. It looks good, but complicated. It's got a marinade, rub, a mop spray, AND a sticky barbecue sauce that you put on after taking the chicken off the can, splitting it, and returning to the grill. Any questions why I've been putting this one off?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Happy Weekend, Everyone! by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, I hope you ha...)
Vicci, have a great time with both of your moms this weekend! Your party will be wonderful, so just relax and enjoy yourself. Try to take a pic or two if you have the time.

Our girls want us to come out to their campground in Geneva this weekend, so we're thinking of going tomorrow for the day. There are lots of small wineries out there to visit, so we may take in one or two. The girls told me not to bring anything since they will have food for the grill, but I'm making two vegetable pizzas (eaten cold) and a pan of brownies, just for snacking. They know I won't show up empty handed!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Happy Weekend, Everyone! by foodfiend (These are the last f...)
Have a wonderful dinner, Vicci, I'm sure it will all be...PERFECT!! Try to relax a bit, enjoy the company and the occasion, okay?

Looking forward to hearing about it next week.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Happy Weekend, Everyone! by Mare749 (Vicci, have a great ...)
Enjoy your weekend Vicci! I hope everything goes well and that you take time to enjoy yourself. I hope everyone else has fun plans as well!

As it turns out, we're having a bit of a crowd for the holiday. My neighbor and I are smoking 16 racks of babybacks and serving them with all the fixings, including smoked macaroni and cheese, finally. I can't wait to try it!

their son will be on leave from the Marines for the weekend, and both of my boys and a few of their friends have decided to join us as well. Boys seem to be highly motivated to show up when smoked pork is on the menu!

After we eat we'll take the boats out and go watch the fireworks from the water. It's a spectacular show that way because the explosions occur directly overhead. It's my favorite way to spend Independence Day!
  Re: Re: Happy Weekend, Everyone! by karyn (Enjoy your weekend V...)
Have a great time, Vicci. We smoked a pork butt and two chickens yesterday to take to Baltimore.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Happy Weekend, Everyone! by Lorraine (Have a great time, V...)
Have a fun and safe trip, Lorraine!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Weekend, Everyone! by cjs (Have a fun and safe ...)
Wow everyone is hitting the road. Do be safe, watch out for the idiots and above everything else enjoy!!

Vicci have a great time and be sure to take lots of pictures!! I can't wait to hear how everything goes.