What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu??

haven't the faintest idea yet here....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
I'm thinking Fresh Spring Rolls, (wrapped in lettuce leaves)
Grilled Lemon Grass Prawns, and Young Coconut Rice.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking Fresh S...)
What time's dinner, Maryann?!?! YUMMY!

I haven't the foggiest! No, wait a minute...I'll probably do the Cajun Shrimp Fettucine tonight since I didn't get to do it last night. Even though William went to a shrimp-a-roo at the church last night, I don't think he'll mind. When he got home, BG and I were just getting dinner done, so he plopped down with his own plate. When I looked at him funny, he said they had gotten "popcorn" sized shrimp and not nearly worth the trouble to peel and eat...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by Gourmet_Mom (What time's dinner, ...)
Well, after looking thru the frig - I have no choice.

garlic scape pesto w/a little pasta
grilled asparagus (6 stalks)& portabello
Japanese sweet cucumbeer
sliced heirloom tomato

Then I can start fresh.

Ooops forgot the fava beans - Fava Bean & Parmigiano Reggiano Tower Salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by cjs (Well, after looking ...)
No cooking here. We're giving a new restaurant a try.
  Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
I found these cute little slider buns at Costco. So it will be Pimento cheese and bacon sliders. Maybe some grilled watermelon and mango.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by esgunn (I found these cute l...)
Hubby and I got called last night by the winery owner to help out today. He wanted us to show up at his house at 8:30 this morning for coffee. Then he and hubby would spend the day pruning in the vineyard while I helped on the bottling line. What an amazing operation! Anyway, I put together the "Summer Breakfast Strata" from issue 58 to bring for breakfast. What a hit this was! We are having the leftovers for dinner. Too tired to cook much else.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by chef_Tab (Hubby and I got call...)
My Vietnamese dinner had to be put on hold for another day. When Ron called this afternoon, he had been so busy he hadn't eaten all day, so I knew that wasn't going to be "hearty" enough for him for dinner. And...I forgot about the corn in the downstairs frig that needed to be used. So, dinner ended up being leftover pot-roast, potatoes, carrots, and corn-on-the-cob. Since we will be gone all day tomorrow, I'll have to make the grilled prawns and coconut rice another day, maybe Sunday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by Mare749 (My Vietnamese dinner...)
Well, pooh Maryann! I'll be waiting!

Dinner was as good as I remember. I did a no-no...I have often subbed 1/2 and 1/2 for cream in dishes. This is one you DON'T want to do that. Live and learn.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - T.G.I.F. 7/2?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, pooh Maryann! ...)
Karyn what kind of restaurant?

Very hot here and getting ready for the big Sunday party so keeping it very simple - hotdogs

And I'm working on a batch of apricot jam!