Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review
  Re: (...)
Put the cookie dough back on the grocery list...these are yummy!!!!

Here's the recipe again - I added a touch of lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture, but I would add more next time - maybe a ful teaspoon.

[Image: ChocChipCheeseBars.jpg]

* Exported from MasterCook *

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BARS

1 tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough -- (18 oz.)
1 pkg. cream cheese -- (8 oz.) softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

Cut cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased, 8-inch square, baking pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth.

Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top.

Bake at 350F for 35 - 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.

---
[Image: ChocChipCheeseBarsDone.jpg]

a repeat!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by cjs (Put the cookie dough...)
Oh wow, they look good. Since I was standing here, eating a homemade chocolate chip cookie, I thought I would share my current favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I think it would work out well. Might have to weigh the dough to see if it is close. This recipe only made 30 cookies. Not a huge batch.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Neiman Marcus Chocloate Chip Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup butter -- (1 stick) softened
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)

2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.

3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.

4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 12 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note: Changes - the original recipe had 300 degrees for 20 minutes. I have made them both ways - flattening the dough and leaving as is. Both good - maybe just a little crisper flattened.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by esgunn (Oh wow, they look go...)
Finally! I am having a time getting on here this afternoon!

Jean, you beat me to it. I don't have pictures, since Ashley was the one to make this. She decided to go on and make them before she left for Southport. When she cut the squares (16 in all), she took a nibble and said they were GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by Gourmet_Mom (Finally! I am havin...)
I am going to make these this weekend. I think I will make a double batch. They look as wonderful as they sound!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by luvnit (I am going to make t...)
Let's try this again...

Finally! I am having a time getting on here this afternoon!

Jean, you beat me to it. I don't have pictures, since Ashley was the one to make this. She decided to go on and make them before she left for Southport. When she cut the squares (16 in all), she took a nibble and said they were GREAT!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by Gourmet_Mom (Let's try this again...)
At first looking at the dish and thinking 16 pieces, I thought yeah, right. But that size really is just perfect. I'm glad Ashley tried them also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by cjs (At first looking at ...)
I suppose you realize, that since you posted pictures of this, I'll have to make these, don't you? I'll take them to the neighbor's cookout, so I won't be tempted to eat more than one.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by Gourmet_Mom (I suppose you realiz...)
Now I'm wishing I hadn't made brownies to take tomorrow. Might have to make these for Monday's family BBQ. I just thought it was too much cream cheese with the veggie pizza. (which also has cream cheese)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by Mare749 (Now I'm wishing I ha...)
Oh Maryann, can there ever be too much cream cheese??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Bars - Review by cjs (Oh Maryann, can ther...)
It is DEFINITELY not my day to use the brain! I stood right there in the store, while William debated which type of Chips Ahoy to buy....DUH! We're going to put the top down and take a cruise....straight back to the store to make an exchange!
Daphne