Organizing / Finding recipes
  Re: (...)
Okay, I have a question for the general community:

How do people organize so they can FIND recipes from Cuisine at Home?

I've now got years of Cuisine At Home magazine and love them...but I've found it really hard to do the "Oh, I remember seeing a great recipe before" to --> Here it is in this issue.

I know years ago, someone from the magazine sent me some sort of cumulative index, does anyone have a current one of these? (I have since lost it)

What do people do to keep track / find things? Anyone got a cool system they'd like to share?
  Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by slowlemur (Okay, I have a quest...)
When I get a new issue, I look through it and locate recipes I'd like to try. I type them into MasterCook into a Cookbook called A List Cuisine at Home to Try. When I try it, I either move it to A List Cuisine at Home or delete it. If I don't have time, I dog-ear the thing. When I get bored with cooking I flip back through my old books, looking closely at those recipes that are dog-eared. Does this help?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by Gourmet_Mom (When I get a new iss...)
Hmm...interesting. I usually flip through and mark the ones I want to try, but then I get like TONS for little tabs sticking out of ALL of my issues. It was more if I was thinking, oh, I remember there being a great fruit tart recipe in one of these, how do I find it...

I guess I could be more proactive and enter in recipes into another application. It just seems the magazine should put out an index or have something online to search. I just found my index, I thought it was a file, but it was actually an booklet of issues 1-60.
  Re: Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by slowlemur (Hmm...interesting. ...)
Oh, I forgot to tell you. There IS an index. If you are a subscriber, you can access it. Let's say you are looking for a tart. You go to the magazine home page. Click on Magazine Customer Service link on the navigation bar on the left.

You will get a page where you can type in your subscription info. BUT if you don't keep your cover pages with your account info...no worries. Scroll down and you can use your email and mailing address info to log in. After you log in, the online index link will be active. It is located in the "my service options" navigation bar to the left. The categories are Renew, Pay, Update, View, and Other. The index is the last link under "Other".

I hope this helps. If you need more help, just let us know. Good Luck!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I forgot to tell...)
AWESOME!!! How did I NOT know this!!! Thanks! That's actually really really helpful!
  Re: Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by slowlemur (AWESOME!!! How did ...)
You are very welcome. I just wish I had figured out what you were looking for sooner. One word of warning...the special publications are not listed at this time...only the regular issues. Good luck!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by Gourmet_Mom (You are very welcome...)
This question has come up so many times, I have the index through 12-2009 as a pdf but I could not find a way to attach it to this post. I could copy it to the post, buy it would make it quite long, so I did not try. There is a message that says you can attach a file, but I can't figure out how to do it.

What I have done with all my magazines is to try to find the recipes online first. If I can't find them (as is the case with most of C@H recipes), I don't take the time to type out the entire recipe until I make it and know I want to make it again.

What I do, is in Living Cookbook, I put the title of the recipe, the key ingredients, the total time needed, the source info e.g., Tomato Tarts with Goat Cheese and Basil, puff pastry, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, basil and C@H 8/2010. Then I fill out the appropriate recipe type info e.g., appetizer, side dish, tomatoes, goat cheese, puff pastry, C@H. That way I can do a recipe search by title, by ingredient, by type, by C&H, or by date. After I make, if I like it, I then type the rest of the recipe. If I don't I use the review feature so I won't try it again.
I also use Book Darts to mark the pages instead of stickies which can easily fall off. I do that in the cookbooks as well. They close all the way with the markers but can easily be seen. Once I have the recipe fully typed, I remove them.
  Re: Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by Cubangirl (This question has co...)
Is there an index or a way to find old e recipes?
  Re: Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by Carolyn977 (Is there an index or...)
Not that I know of. Jean may know more about that.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Organizing / Finding recipes by Carolyn977 (Is there an index or...)
I don't find an index of previous recipes. But, there is a date in the web address, and I discovered if you put in a different date that is not a correct date, the link is overwritten to the current date.
http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2012/01/26

The recipes, at least for this year, are coming out on Thursdays. So if you put in the actual dates of '2012/01/19 or '2012/01/12 you can see the previous posts.

Another way is to make a folder for 'CAH e recipes' and save the emails there for future reference.