T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9??
  Re: (...)
FRIDAY???? How can it be Friday already???

What's on your menu for tonight?

I'm grilling a flank steak tonight more for the leftovers than anything else, so may sneak a couple of slices to have with the Pasta Cobb salad we were talking about...when, a few days ago, I guess.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by cjs ( [i]FRIDAY???? [/i] ...)
Friday is dance night... pizza at the bowling alley with friends before the dance.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by cjs ( [i]FRIDAY???? [/i] ...)
OMG this week has just flown by! We've had so much fun, but it has been busy. Kids are doing Karate, our TV went out and had to have repairman come out only to tell us "It's shot!) after 2 yearsSad Had some kids over to swim in the pool. Went to a movie: The Last Airbender. Kids loved it, so did I. Took the kids to the dentist for a cleaning: Great checkup, but one may need braces in the futureSad

Not exactly sure what we will be cooking tonight, I am exhausted. I made two banana cream pies yesterday, perhaps that will be dinner tonight. I don't think I would hear any complaintsSmile

This afternoon I will be brining the children (Our pool is saltwater)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by luvnit (OMG this week has ju...)
Well, I got a whole, frozen chicken, the other day, and changed my mind about boiling it. Instead, I decided to experiment with a brine with some different spices added to it and to roast the chicken today.

P.S.: Because of that decision, when I was at the mat market, yesterday, I picked up two pounds of baby back ribs, covered them with a mixture of soy sauce, ginger, allspice, honey and rice-wine vinegar, then baked them. They were delicious, although it would have been better to have marinated them overnight in that mixture. I reserve some of it as a sauce for later, and that helped. Also, when I saved the leftovers, I poured the remaining sauce on top, so that will have had a chance to soak in for when I have the leftovers for lunch.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by luvnit (OMG this week has ju...)

"This afternoon I will be brining the children (Our pool is saltwater)"

LOL! That's hilarious, Laura! I'll have to remember that one. Banana cream pie sounds like a plan to me...

Not positive about dinner tonight, but I'm thinking about doing another Vietnamese dish called Mom's Fish in Clay Pot. The recipe calls for fish fillets with skin, such as catfish, red snapper, cod or halibut. It will depend on what looks good at the fish market.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by Mare749 ([br]"This afternoon ...)
Too funny Laura!

I'm going to be busy today, so dinner is Mongolian barbecue. The sauce and steak are in the freezer so I just have to defrost, make the noodles, and stir-fry.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by karyn (Too funny Laura![br]...)
Erin, that's hilarious! I don't think I've ever heard of a saltwater pool.

Oh, that sounds good, Karyn!

I've got to run to the city...picking up OS and a couple things at the Asian market. I'll probably take Baby Girl to lunch, if I get there in time.

The boys will go to the camp, so I'm going to pick up some steaks for dinner. Now doesn't that sound nice...me, a steak, and a glass of wine....all alone! I'm fixing an extra one, so William and I can try that steak sandwich, in the new issue, for dinner tomorrow night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, that's hilario...)
Uhhhhh, that was Laura who brined her kids, Daphne - stay with us here.

"a steak, and a glass of wine....all alone!" - yes, "a" glass of wine, I have plans for you tonight, my dear!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by cjs (Uhhhhh, that was Lau...)
MERCY! How did I get that so screwed up...sorry Laura!

"I have plans for you tonight, my dear!" Hey, I've got plenty of time these days...sorta. And I've already started, thank you very much. But I need to stop, I get obsessive about that kind of thing. I really should get ready to head to the city.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (MERCY! How did I ge...)
www.achefsjourney.com