Sunday's Dinner, July 11??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu??

Our neighbors are having some kind of open house - YEAH! I can work all day and not think about dinner - so that's what we're having. There will be lots of Filipino food
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
I have no idea. I'll wait and be inspired.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
Oh Jean that sounds like fun. Nice to take a break from the menu planning. ( I sent you an email too. Well actually a couple of them for the book).

We are not sure what we are going to do. I need to take stock of what we have in the fridge. I was leaning toward pizza, but we just had that AND not sure if I have any tomatoes for sauce around. I am trying not to go to the grocery store unless I have to. It always makes for an interesting dinner that way.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by luvnit (Oh Jean that sounds ...)
"It always makes for an interesting dinner that way." - Most times cleaning the frig dinners turn out to be the best!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by cjs ("It always makes for...)
I agree Jean. We have had many clean out the fridge dinners that were wonderful.

It urges creativity!
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by luvnit (I agree Jean. We hav...)
Strip steaks on the grill. Not sure what else for sides right now. Still thinking about it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by Mare749 (Strip steaks on the ...)
I saw fresh okra, tomatoes, and corn at the little local grocery....they buy from local farmers a lot. While I could make a meal out of that, I think I'll try another recipe from the Grilling book...Southern Pork Tenderloin with Chow Chow.

We're having BLTs for lunch....YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by Gourmet_Mom (I saw fresh okra, to...)
Love those BLTs!
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by luvnit (Love those BLTs!...)
Have some beautiful sockeye salmon (I think that's the type anyway) and am giving some consideration to the Salmon w/Barbecue Beurre Blanc sauce from issue No. 68 (April 2008). The 1/2 cup of whiskey is kind of scaring me though. Has anyone tried this dish before?

Last night we made the grilled lamb chops with coconut curry sauce from Issue 70 and they were outstanding. Used loin chops. Highly recommended dish. We did marinate the chops in EVOO, garlic and lemon juice for a couple of hours prior to cooking. That is not part of the recipe.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, July 11?? by Trixxee (Have some beautiful ...)
Well, hi there, Stranger! Good to see you Trixxee!
www.achefsjourney.com