What should I make to drink?
  Re: (...)
The obvious answer is rum, right?!?!

We are having guests on Saturday and they do not drink alcohol. I'm making shrimp and chicken skewers with feta sauce, a lemony orzo pilaf, salad, bread... oh,and for apps I'm having hummus and veggies and a plate of olives and cheeses. I am stumped at what to make for a beverage, both for with the apps and for dinner (or, maybe just one beverage for both?). Any ideas?

Oh, and if the beverage suggested would taste good with a little rum added, all the better. For me, of course!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: What should I make to drink? by foodfiend (The obvious answer i...)
Rum Iced Tea

5 oz Ice Tea
1 jigger rum
1/2 tsp of lemon juice
sugar to taste

Oh Arnold Palmers!

2 jiggers of Sweet Tea Vodka to about 8oz of fresh lemonade...YUM! You can adjust according to your tastes.
I'll look around, but this is not a problem I've ever encountered. When I'm not serving wine or vodka, I serve lemon water or iced tea. A good homemade lemonade? Cis posted a homemade lemonade that uses a simple syrup...similar to one I've used by Paula Deen. Both are very good. AND the added advantage, it would be good with rum...LOL!

Slightly off topic, but it IS related to rum...LOL! I have a Sweet and Sticky BBQ sauce for an "involved" Bear Can Chicken recipe ("involved" being the reason I've been putting it off). It has a rub, a mop, and THEN a sauce. The sauce calls for dark rum. I stopped at the ABC store today to get the dark rum. There was only one dark rum...Meyer's, I think? Then they had a much cheaper, smaller (only need a 1/4 cup) bottle of Bacardi Gold. I got that...did I make a mistake?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I've not made it but will and I think it would work for your party--just serve Lipton's citrus, diet, green tea--great over ice before and during your meal--and I think rum or tequila would really do well in it!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What should I make to drink? by Old Bay (I've not made it but...)
Hmmm, lemonade or cirus green tea??? Decisions,decisions.
Thanks,guys!

Okay, Denise, for some reason I never thought of rum and iced tea-- that's for tomorrow(for us)! What a great idea!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What should I make to drink? by foodfiend (Hmmm, lemonade or c...)
You can even use the spiced rum and add a few orange slices for a garnish. Enjoy!!