What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

I thawed out some spicy baked beans to have with the sandwiches last night, but neither of us was particularly hungry, so guess I'll toss the beans with some hot pasta and make a salad. have some Naan left from T.J.'s also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The plan today is to bake bread, so I'll probably make up "the sandwich" for dinner. This will be nice since I can have everything ready except assembly tonight. After a hot day in the kitchen, this will be a lifesaver!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by Gourmet_Mom (The plan today is to...)
The plan is to layer the leftover "gravy" with polenta and cheese and bake. Maybe salad, maybe sauteed broccoli with garlic ad red pepper flakes.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by Harborwitch (The plan is to layer...)
My son and I, my mom, my sister and my two nephews are going to see a 3:15 showing of Toy Story 3 (so excited!) and by the time we get home I don't think I'll be whipping out any pans. I'm going to ask Tony to pick up some chicken burritos from a divey little Mexican joint nearby. Divey, but oh so good (and cheap!).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by Trixxee (My son and I, my mom...)
What fun, Trixxee! I haven't seen that yet.

It's fish night here. I'm trying a recipe of pistachio-crusted halibut. I'll serve it with brown rice pilaf and either green beans or broccolini.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by karyn (What fun, Trixxee! I...)
You know, I haven't made a rice pilaf forever.... sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by cjs (You know, I haven't ...)
Not exactly a summertime meal, but I made beef barley stew this morning, then put it in the crockpot for dinner. Spent the day with one of the grandbabies, (Alyssa) and we went for haircuts, had lunch, and worked on a mosaic craft kit that I picked up for her. I just love it when I have them one at a time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by Mare749 (Not exactly a summer...)
I don't know how you can bare eating stew in this weather...it's in the 90's here, still.

AWW....how sweet! The girls having two apiece makes it really neat. When you get one, the other one gets alone time with Mom, which is really important, also! BTW, I've never asked you, what do the grand babies call you and Ron?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by Mare749 (Not exactly a summer...)
Maryann, I remember my mother saying the same thing - she would 'collect' one at a time and they'd spend the day together. I used to laugh when she would 'allow' them to bring a friend, she would be horrified that the friend had no idea of the 'comportment'(remember that old fashioned word???) required in a restaurant. She always said, "My grandchildren certainly know how to behave themselves in any restaurant I take them to!!"
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 7/13??? by cjs (Maryann, I remember ...)
Quote:

"comportment"

A great word that hardly means anything to Americans any more, especially since parents are no longer permitted to discipline their children.

It's interesting that the Spanish word for "ill-mannered" is maleducado, which would translate, literally, as "poorly educated."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?